Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Why would you recommend Deluge?

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

On the fence about getting one. For those that have owned one and use it a lot, why is it important to your creative process?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Comments

edited March 2019

Well, 13 views and no replies. Guess there is no reason for me to get one. Thanks for helping me make the decision :)

Post edited by GameDude on
    TenebrousTenebrous EnglandPosts: 49

Have patience! Lots of people in different timezones and a working week.

Also there's this: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1977/top-3-things-people-like-use-love-about-the-deluge#latest

Ian_Jorgensen

Well thank you because I do appreciate the reply, but now when I try to order one the page keeps showing an error when I go to my cart?

I think the website has been a little flaky recently - However I just tried to place and order and it worked ok - it was added to my cart which I could then 'checkout'. Could you try again?

It's back up! Gonna read the manual one more time and then make my final decision. Thanks again for your replies man. I believe I'll get the latest hardware revision too. Are there any SD cards that aren't compatible?

Um...does anyone know how much the extra charge is for using Paypal?

Never mind. I ordered it :#

Regarding SD cards, any decent brand will work. Also you can use more than 32gb as per this thread: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1367/64-gb-sd-cards-can-now-be-used

Personally I'm using a 256gb Samsung EVO Plus micro sd card in an adapter and it's working great.

Excellent. Thanks for the info man :)

You're welcome!

edited April 2019

Holy sh*t! It arrived already! Just unboxed it and letting ti warm up to room temperature before I test it out. First impression, it's much better looking in person lol. Not that it was ugly or anything, but to actually see it in front of you is quite exciting :) Just gotta add that the build quality is stunning. Are these hand-built? I'm seriously blown away by the quality craftsmanship of this thing...wow <3 :)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@GameDude said:
    Are these hand-built?

Yes. It's why we struggle to keep up with demand. Our team puts these together ourselves. We don't mass manufacture.

What are the limits for folders and subfolders when loading my own samples onto the SD card? Can I go more than 1 folder deep? Been looking around for info on this. Doesn't seem to be in the manual, but I could have missed it of course:)

Update:) It works great so far! I am assuming it shipped with the latest OS installed? Anyway, sounds great, and I love the smell of the wooden cheeks- reeks of freshness and quality. This is a masterpiece of design. Customer for life here. Can't wait to see what Synthstrom does next! Whatever it is, it's bound to be amazing B)

@Ian_Jorgensen said:

@GameDude said:
    Are these hand-built?

Yes. It's why we struggle to keep up with demand. Our team puts these together ourselves. We don't mass manufacture.

Amazing. I own other hand-built boutique instruments but nothing comes close to this level of quality design and craftsmanship. Congrats on your success- well deserved! :)

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited April 2019

Hey man, glad you're happy :)
    Regarding checking if latest OS, yes they're always shipped with the latest, but to check: open the settings menu by pressing shift + Select knob, and go to the option called FIRMware!

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited April 2019

@Icoustik said:
    Regarding checking if latest OS, yes they're always shipped with the latest, but to check: open the settings menu by pressing shift + Select knob, and go to the option called FIRMware!

Thanks man, gonna check right now :)

@GameDude said:

@Icoustik said:

Thanks man, gonna check right now :)

Edit: all good with fw 2.1.3 B)

@GameDude Enjoy! Take your time with it :)

Oh yeah for sure man, no rush here. Gonna figure out the folder structure/limitations for samples I want to copy to the SD card first :)

Oh I know what you mean - that has taken up a huge amount of my time so far!

Lol, the first thing I do when getting any instrument that imports samples is... you guessed it- import my own samples :)

edited April 2019

Man...I'm seriously blown away here. This is hands down the most fun all-in-one sketchpad groovebox I've ever had the privilege to own. I always worry about file (.wav sample) management/limitations when buying a new device and deluge didn't let me down. I was able to load all of my custom samples with zero problems. It's scary how fuckin dope this thing is...deep as fuck and I love it! Synthstrom Audible set the bar with this baby. Can't thank you guys enough for developing this. Cheers, blunts and beers to the team! <3

Ian_Jorgensen

Awesome!

StereoDevilStereoDevil Yeehaw TexasPosts: 1

All the musical reasons have been spoken for so here are some other reasons. It was shipped immediately. Like super fast it got to the mail. When I needed something they were very helpful. Most of all the community is really nice and not snarky. People are not smart asses that try to make you feel dumb when asking questions.

The Deluge itself is insanely awesome but the community is too and for me that is important.

kilroykilroy CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 25

It really is an amazing feat of art and engineering. I got mine a month or month and a half ago after doing a ton of research on groove boxes and have just been blown away by it. Whenever I see someone posting on reddit about limitations of other groove boxes I feel sorry for them.