Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Global Defaults Menu

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
edited December 2017 in Deluge Software Suggestions

I want to have an entire menu of global defaults, that will auto load and act upon as default upon even a blank track. I think this alone would fix a lot of problems people have especially for those who get sick of changing things every single time they add a new track etc

Some ideas as an example:
-Default Scale mode (Chromatic, etc)
-Setting Default Track Voume
-Setting Default Cutoff / Resonance
-Setting Default Velocity On Note Entry
-"Use last note" length (on/off)
-"Use last note" velocity (on/off)
-Sampling mode default upon load (loop/cut/stretch, etc)
-Stretch Default Settings
-Global Midi Controller Learn (This would allow us to set a global keyboard or midi in that would follow to note input whatever track we are currently looking at, also could be used to apply "same" mappings over controls we want to influence depending on what screen we are looking at)
-Follow screen during play (on.off)
-Zooming (auto/Free) Auto is the zooming mode we have now, free would be being able to zoom out past the pattern length
-Duplicate mode settings (double all / double screen only) currently it doubles all
-Mono synth note priority modes
-Default Initial Track length
-Default Initial Track Zoom
-Change sequence time based on "longest" or "shortest" loop *

*ADDED feature ideas

Removed due to updates:
X -RGB Light Brightness Default
X -Cursor Settings (on/off), (Strobe on off) , (brightness), (color)
X -Quantization (by zoom / free ) by zoom would make it default to what we have now, free would make it record the highest current quantization no matter what zoom (64th?)

Post edited by rpc9943 on

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Love the suggests there. It would save a lot of time.
    rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

Added a little feature based on a previous request

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

A default menu setting for choosing whether the sequence plays fully, or is interrupted by a shorter sequence prior to the end of said sequence! (E.g. 8 bar sequence is interrupted at bar 5 to play the next 4 bar sequence if it is armed/triggered prior to the end of bar 4 - I'd like to be able to turn this off!).

maimai Posts: 21
    • disable the transmitting of unwanted CC messages to the MIDI out, when launching tracks! Pleeease....
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

YES we need this!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

DustyNeedleDustyNeedle BelgiumPosts: 6

+1

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

+1

tacharontacharon HamburgPosts: 44

I like the general idea. Two remarks:

jbone1313jbone1313 Posts: 39

+1

gjvtigjvti Beta Tester Posts: 34

I would suggest global settings file (for settings you do not change frequently) - that file would be editable txt format on SD card

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@gjvti said:
    I would suggest global settings file (for settings you do not change frequently) - that file would be editable txt format on SD card

interesting suggestion. settings could be backuped. not important for me though. what use cases haf u in mind?

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31
    • Default Note Velocity
    • Use Last Note Velocity
    dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31
    • Default Note Velocity
    • Use Last Note Velocity
    propellpropell NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 17

And

-Quantized section launch: Beat, bar or track length

massimoschiavopmassimoschiavop ItalyPosts: 3

@propell said:
    And

-Quantized section launch: Beat, bar or track length

Also for me this is a very important setting!

AeCartAeCart Goshen, IN USABeta Tester Posts: 15

I'd love to set a default scene so I could keep my midi assignments at ground zero and name/save freely from there. If I truly want to start from scratch I'd be just a "shift/new" away. I have created a template that I can call up but it would be great to turn on and just go for a big set up that mostly stays connected. Currently running nine external synth voices and a couple of internal voices from the Deluge. It's replaced my Squarp Pyramid as midi central.

AndrewChiAndrewChi BelgiumPosts: 12

Great idea this Global Defaults Menu!!!
    I would really like to have this in there too:

• track mute mutes sequence or track mute mutes synth/kit

If the mutes in song view could mute a synth or kit, it would be a lot easier to use the Deluge as synth/sampler module to layer or switch sounds when playing live (like in a band as a keyboard player for instance).
    Currently the mute mutes the sequence and not the actual audio. Which is desirable sometimes, but makes the Deluge as a sound module very difficult, because you have to 'unlearn' the MIDI assignment if you want to switch sounds.

SynthStudioSynthStudio Fort Collins, ColoradoPosts: 31

+1