Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to fix corrupted SD-card

Praemolar24Praemolar24 DeutschlandPosts: 21

Hey folks,

I got a huge problem. I tried to remove the 3 last records form record folder by using PC. Now is the Songs and Samples folder damaged.
Is there a way to repair with sd-rescue-software? Did anyone made good experience?!

I need help, the last backup was 20 days ago...

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

there is data recovery software like sandisk rescue pro. but dont know about windows.
    last time i had this problem i downloaded a few programs and a trial version did it for me.

KegeratorzKegeratorz PAPosts: 13

I’ve used a program called recuva before from the makers of CCleaner with success.

Thank you.
    I'm sad because it did not work. Some broken data could be recovered, but ironically the whole 'songs'-folder was changed into a file! Can you imagine that? The whole Internet seems not to know a solution for this problem. Something like that happens quite rarely, I think.
    The whole songs-folder is presently a file without known file-extension. I think all included songs are captured in the file and the rescue programs no longer recognize the former folder and its content as such.
    20 days of making music are lost...

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

@Praemolar24 said:
    Thank you.
    I'm sad because it did not work. Some broken data could be recovered, but ironically the whole 'songs'-folder was changed into a file! Can you imagine that? The whole Internet seems not to know a solution for this problem. Something like that happens quite rarely, I think.
    The whole songs-folder is presently a file without known file-extension. I think all included songs are captured in the file and the rescue programs no longer recognize the former folder and its content as such.
    20 days of making music are lost...

Did you try that program suggested called “recuva”? Did you format the card as fat32 again with quick format and then run the program? It will be document type as songs are xml files. Unless the card is completely destroyed it should recover file names regardless of directory.

According to Windows, formatting is not possible because the data system is not recognized.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199
    edited January 2019

Try the program mentioned in the “64gb sd cards possible?” Thread (I think that’s the name of the thread) called GUIformat. I formatted a 128gb card a second time with it and native windows 10 just gave me an error saying the data format was unrecognized, but GUIformat still formatted it fat32 ok. The program is free and runs right from the directory it is in. Does not require installation.

Post edited by Vondragonnoggin on

No, that did not work. I'm afraid the card is destroyed. Too much messing around with rescue programs...

@Vondragonnoggin said:
    Try the program mentioned in the “64gb sd cards possible?” Thread (I think that’s the name of the thread) called GUIformat. I formatted a 128gb card a second time with it and native windows 10 just gave me an error saying the data format was unrecognized, but GUIformat still formatted it fat32 ok. The program is free and runs right from the directory it is in. Does not require installation.

I tried the program you suggested. Finally, I get the error message 'Failed to allow extended DASD on device' and the formatting is aborted.