Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

save pad brightness setting

tubascotubasco new orleansPosts: 3
edited January 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

please forgive me if this request already exists. I’ve looked several times and cannot find a request for this. I suffer from debilitating migraines that make me super sensitive to light. It’s a chicken vs egg scenario, as i’m not sure what comes first. Sometimes too much sunlight causes a migraine, and other times i just have a migraine that makes it impossible to look at anything that lights up. It IS easy enough to change the pad brightness on deluge, but could we pretty-please have that setting stick after power cycle? Occasionally i get about 20min into a session and i realize “uh oh, here comes 24hours of debilitating migraine” simply because i got so into the music so quickly that i forgot to change the pad brightness until it is too late.
I can’t be the only person who would like this.
Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the upvote.
(If this request already exists and you know where it is, PLEASE give me a link and i’ll delete this and upvote that one instead.)

Post edited by tubasco on

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137
    edited January 2019

Not sure if the forum allows you to edit a title, but if so I'd recommend editing the title of this topic to make it obvious what the request is without reading the post. It might get you more upvotes. Maybe "Save pad brightness setting."

Post edited by duelinmarkers on
    tubascotubasco new orleansPosts: 3
    edited January 2019

thanks @duelinmarkers !

Post edited by tubasco on
    EdiEdi IrelandPosts: 17
    edited January 2019

I agree. The light level makes it hard to see the shortcut & button labels too. I hardly ever use the Deluge in a bright room so I think the default brightness setting should be 75% of what it is now. It would be nice to be able to configure a custom default brightness in the device settings menu.

Post edited by Edi on
    delugerdeluger DenmarkPosts: 1

I am definitely onboard with the need for saving the brightness setting between power cycles. And as Edi suggests, I feel it seems natural to store it as a value in the defaults menu.

Extending the low-brightness range, would also be nice, since it doesn't seem to go quite dark enough for some people, myself included. I believe the range should be extended all the way down to a symbolic 1% of the current lowest setting (basically removing the lower limit).

I wonder if the decision to limit the user with regards to the low brightness range was made because of hardware limitations. For example: If pulse width modulation is the method used for controlling the brightness, then a very low setting might introduce noticeable flicker, which some users might find disturbing. IF that is the case, then a possible fix could be to give the current lowest setting a value of zero, and then extend the range into negative integers. Then it would be easy for the user to avoid flicker by only using positive integer settings - any setting below zero would be darker, but potentially produce noticeable flicker. The user would at least be able to weigh their options and choose the setting that suits them best.