Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SHAR Option in Sections

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

can anybody explain the SHAR setting in the Section Repeat Mode? I guess only a video would help cause I am totally confused about this...

Comments

Maybe the developers can explain as even Ron C. (who is really a great help on YT) can´t....

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Agreed, there was a suggestion thread for this
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/5970#Comment_5970

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

The SHAR option is pretty simply explained in the manual:

There is one further "repeat mode" option. By holding down a "section" pad and turning the select knob far-anticlockwise, the option "SHAR" will be arrived at, which means that the section may share its "launched" status with other sections: launching it will not automatically stop tracks which belong to other sections. However, it remains the case that only one track per synth or kit preset may play simultaneously, so launching a "SHAR" section may still cause other tracks to stop if the use synth or kit presets also used in the section being launched. This could be a useful option if you wish to launch several tracks simultaneously (e.g. a bass and a lead line), but leave some previously-playing tracks playing (e.g. a beat).

Have you read that and are asking for clarification or looking for changes to the feature?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

thanks for posting the manual.
    i never knew what to with shared. now with record to arranger it makes actually more sense to me.

if i have a track with a kick drum i want it in many sections but dont want to duplicate that track for each section.
    with shared mode you can have the same track playing along all sections (unless the track meets a clone).
    but i could not really use it because i forgot on the next time i loaded the song.
    which shared tracks belong to which sections? it really was a performance feature imho.

now with record to arranger i can group my tracks roughly into sections first, set em all to shared and improvise on that while recording.

Thx for the answers - always constructive criticism from amiga909: Thumbs up!

In the meantime I have worked out the SHAR mystery, now I´ve got a new one in working on SHAR in arranger :D

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Yeah I feel like I didn't know how or why I'd use the SHAR option at first, but have been thinking of some useful ways since record to arranger was introduced.