Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

(Bug Report) Some notes entered in sequencer do not sound

DocRomplerDocRompler Pittsburgh PAPosts: 20
I just received my Deluge a few days ago and the more I use it the more stoked I am about it. Unfortunately, however, I've been experiencing a pretty nasty bug quite regularly already. Sometimes when I enter notes on the sequencer, not by live playing but by manually entering them in the piano roll, it will occasionally decide that it simply will not play a certain note. All the other notes work just fine but no matter how I enter the buggy note it will not play as part of the sequence. It will sound if I press its audition pad and it's leds light up as if it's recorded but the note doesn't play. I can't tell whether this issue corresponds to any specific function I'm using. It happens with both the subtractive synth and fm synth and if I'm using a sample as an oscillator. If I save the patch and delete the track and rewrite the sequence in a new track that tends to fix it but I never know when it's going to pop up again. I couldn't find any other reports of this bug.
Tagged:

Comments

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

did you make sure not to mute that row? ;)

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hey @DocRompler! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry it's taken me a while to see this! My first guess would be the same as @rpc9943's. Make sure you haven't accidentally muted a row by checking the mute/launch pads on the right-hand side, if any of them are yellow (instead of green), press them and they should turn green (which will unmute the row and let that note sound from the piano roll).

If this isn't the problem, feel free to send me a video of the issue (a few people have found it difficult to upload media to the forum) or even just some further details you've noticed about the problem. My email is sam.carswell@synthstrom.com. We'll clear this up :smile:

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    This might be straight forward but make sure the isnt active
    RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    **the side chain
    DocRomplerDocRompler Pittsburgh PAPosts: 20
    Hey guys, I was definitely muting notes by accident. I'm colorblind and sometimes have trouble distinguishing between green and yellow LEDs. Thanks for the suggestions!