Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

question about track cloning

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

here is something that doesn´t go into my head. i am sure i am doing something wrong.

What i simply try to do is make one track, lets say i take a string sample and play nice chords.
I then want to copy (clone) that track, change that cloned track to lets say a base sound and put an arp over it.
so i hear the strings AND a base playing an arp but using the same notes.

but i can´t play 2 tracks that i cloned at the same time. if i change the sound to bass BOTH tracks play the same bass sound.

i want to COPY a track, change the sample on one track and play both tracks at the same time with different parameters.

why can´t i? what am i doing wrong, where is my error in thinking?

thanks for reading.

edit: the clone function is super helpful, but what abou copying?

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @IchMachBubu! Thanks for the feedback. This sounds like it could potentially be a bug, so I let Rohan know and he's going to investigate it. I'll let you know how it goes :smile:

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Work around is to save your Sample based synth as a preset then clone it.
    Making different adjustments to it should allow you to change the section colour/now a different track.

holy moly, meine güte.

this would be very important for my personal workflow but the workaround wouldn´t work eiter. i have two different colors for each track but still can´t play both. i am still sure the error is on my side. maybe someone could help out with a video tutorial? like you would explain it to a very blonde 5 year old with no grasp of musical hardware.... >.< getting sligthly frustrated... and thats just problem number one.

don´t wanna sound like a sullen C. i just love my Deluge and wanna rock it already :wink:
    not a friend of DAWs and all that jazz. i wanna go pure hardware. and boy what a beautiful piece of hardware the Deluge is.

thanks sam and Matthew for now.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

In the same boat here, i do like the clone track mute function but a option to turn if off would be very handy

@IchMachBubu
    Copying Hack.

Clone track.
    Save the setting e.g. Synth/Kit 23A
    Blue Track is now 23B
    Change Pink track type to Midi
    Change the track colour in song mode to blue from pink
    Select Clone track then change to Synth/Kit track and you change to 23A

Not ideal but the best way to copy at the moment.
    Of course any changes you make you will have to do twice.

Or have I totally misunderstood the question?

dear MatthewGeorge

:D thats far from ideal but thank you very much for that solution. i´d give it another try.

yep. working! thank you again. @MatthewGeorge

Great!

SolejkushaoSolejkushao MarseilleBeta Tester Posts: 38

@RandomAztec said:
    In the same boat here, i do like the clone track mute function but a option to turn if off would be very handy

+1, exactly the same request :)

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

+1 same here.. is it a bug ? is it already fixed ? i would like to clone entire tracks .. and play them all together.
    If you have a Pad on one track copy it and twak a baseline from it. for example.

i will try this workaround .. but it would be fantastic if this will work out of box.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

The user and all related content has been deleted.