Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

"Clean" synth for samples?

SingleGrindSingleGrind Boston, MAPosts: 3

I need to turn off all the fx and modulation that are loaded with a new synth so that I can play a clean sample chromatically. I am trying to play a sample loaded into one of the synth "oscillators," and I've turned off everything I could find, but there's still what sounds like a phaser or filter sweep that I can't get rid of. It's not in the original sample.

I would love if the synth preset when you create a new track was more simple, just one oscillator and very basic filter settings, no filter envelope, no modulation or anything. It seems the first thing I do when I load a new synth is turn osc2 volume off, then go turn off the various modulation sources, then I can finally load a sample

Here's a video showing the clean sample as it previews, followed by how it plays loaded after I made it as clean as possible. It's a Halloween vocal saying "welcome to the dungeon," so fair warning before you blast it at work or in a crowded area 😂

Thanks!

Comments

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

press shift+synth to make an empty synth track?

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

@rcz said:

I'm not happy with the current init patch. Much too high levels (osc and master volumes) for multisample-based patches that are played polyphonically

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Probably you have unison voices engaged, that will sound like phasing.
    Or you have modulation FX going on.

SingleGrindSingleGrind Boston, MAPosts: 3

@rcz said:

Thanks the worked! Must have missed that command somehow.

@fryyyy said:
    Probably you have unison voices engaged, that will sound like phasing.
    Or you have modulation FX going on.

Ya i couldn't figure out what was on but I got it finally. Was pressing a bunch of stuff then it went away, might have been unison. Honestly not sure how I made it stop but now I'm just doing shift + synth for any samples.

Thanks y'all!
    -SG