Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Full 8 X 16 grid as sample collection?

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I'm not sure if it's possible currently, but...

I'd like to have access to way more than the 8 distinctive samples available using a 'Kit' (without scrolling up/down).

Being that there are 128 pads, I was hoping it might be possible to use it as you would when setting up a series of dozens of samples, all to be able to be accessed simultaneously.
(Most of us may be familiar with loading 50 or 60 samples into a sample instrument, then laying it out with 'One Sample per Note') Very common for a collection of percussion instruments, and especially when doing sound effects coordination, etc.

I used to use a Linnstrument for this set up, using the 'no overlap' mode, so that each pad related to a separate MIDI number.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to do this on the Deluge, I'd be really interested.

I'm think that perhaps I can load a bunch of samples into a folder, then use the new Multisample function for this? (instead of for tuned notes)

Best Answer

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    Answer ✓

ah, yeah, tried something similar. manual:
    Select the “SINGle” option. The other options (at least within a synth instrument) are “MULTisamples”, covered above, and “BASIc”, which loads the sample in the most basic way possible with no pitch detection or single-cycle setup.

hoped BASIc would do multi import without pitch detection but its single sample only.
    a new option ALL for synth mode would be cool that works like in kit mode.

Answers

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

multisample works for kit mode too.
    create new kit, load sample, browse to the desired folder, press select and confirm ALL.
    then midi learn, Kit mode sadly still has no keyboard view yet.
    is that what you mean?

@amiga909 said:
    multisample works for kit mode too.
    create new kit, load sample, browse to the desired folder, press select and confirm ALL.
    then midi learn, Kit mode sadly still has no keyboard view yet.
    is that what you mean?

No, it's not what I was trying to do, as I'm already using this feature.

That said - I just loaded a bunch of samples in a folder into a Synth Track (not tuned sounds) and it did what I wanted, which is access to dozens of sounds at once.

(thrilled with this unit once again)

I just tried something:
    Loaded a bunch of assorted percussion samples in a folder >>> uploaded them into a new 'Synth Track' (not tuned sounds) and the Multisample option did what I wanted; gave me access to dozens of sounds, all on the grid in front of me, at the same time.

(SO THRILLED with this unit once again)

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

If you're in the beta testers group on Facebook there was a post about being able to use 51 of the keyboard view pads to trigger individual, non-tuned samples. It was setup by adjusting the individual sample ranges manually (to only be one note each), then use 'basic' to avoid any pitch changing by the Deluge.

Good to know, thanks (although I'm one of the 40 people on the planet NOT on FB)

;0)

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

@Will said:
    Good to know, thanks (although I'm one of the 40 people on the planet NOT on FB)

;0)

Ha. Yeah, the only thing I use it for these days is gear related groups and spamming my "friends" with new music/show invites.

@p_wats said:

@Will said:

;0)

Ha. Yeah, the only thing I use it for these days is gear related groups and spamming my "friends" with new music/show invites.

Actually, I totally see the appeal of FB. (my wife is on it, and keeps me updated as to family/friends)
    I'm just trying to keep my online time in balance, and know that I'd probably just get lost for hours...