Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Chamber Music + Deluge + Eurorack

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

This is a little piece I wrote for the final audition of the academic year, in the music school where I work.

It is the first time I mix a little chamber music set with electronic music, in this case playing a little Eurorack system and a Synthstrom Deluge doing the sequencing and a few samples. My purpose was to integrate the electronic part with the acoustic instruments so they could work well together as a one.

I bought the Synthstrom Deluge only 2 weeks ago, and it was used for some sample drums and fx, and mainly for sequencing. It was something simple but worked perfectly.

The eurorack system is using mainly a Mutable Instruments Plaits in Modal Resonator mode, thru a WMD MMF filter and a Chronoblob for delay. Mutable Instruments Peaks for the Kick drum. Happy Nerding 3xMIA for mixing. ALM Pamela NW for modulation.

Comments

JeffSJeffS Buffalo, NY, USPosts: 11

Nice! Really great to hear the Deluge with acoustic instruments.

@JeffS said:
    Nice! Really great to hear the Deluge with acoustic instruments.

Thanks!

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

Really cool stuff! This is actually the first time where I would say the straight rhythm of the Deluge does not suit the musicians all that well, did you consider changing tempo along with the musicians to suit their playing?

Thanks for posting!
    Syncing the electronics with the acoustic perfomance was really the difficult part. In fact, the piano was a bit out of tempo in the first 2 or 3 measures. But from that point the musicians played perfectly in sync, they are very good players.
    One key fact is that in a few sections some of the electronic parts (not all) played in 4/4 while the musicians played 3/4. I like this kind of polyrythms, and with the Deluge it is something you can do easily.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

how pleasant

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

+++ fantastic

rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14

Wow I’ve never seen such a combination! It’s really interesting.

doodloodoodloo Lisbon, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 37

This is so original! Bravo, it's very refreshing.

Thanks both!
    I would love to make new material with this combination of instruments. But I dont know when I will have another opportunity.