Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Organ simulation with drawbars

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51
edited December 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

I've been playing with keyboards that simulate organs lately (Nord Electro, Vox Continental, Roland VR-730) and thought that it'd be awesome if I could plug a midi keyboard into the Deluge and get that functionality from a mode in the Deluge.

Since the Deluge supports multisampling already, the only functionality that a rompler like the Vox Continental brings to the table is a high quality keybed and the organ simulation (along with their sample library). If the Deluge could simulate some organs well, I'd have no need to shell out for one of those expensive systems and could focus on getting a midi keyboard with the feel/keybed that most appeals to me.

I'm imagining in organ mode we'd have vertical bars on the display representing drawbars, and we'd be able to tap anywhere on a column to set the drawbar to that level (so dragging a finger up/down a column should raise or lower the drawbar respectively).

I'm not sure how many folks use the Deluge as a workstation "brain" for keys playing, but this functionality would certainly save me a lot of money and gear.

Post edited by Jscottk on

Comments

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Im using the Oberheim OB3 box for this and sequence it via the deluge MIDI track. It was only 300 bucks on ebay, and i fear the deluge will be never as good at it as this dedicated device. Multisamples would have to be insanely complex to replicate all the possible combinations.

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51

Thanks for the suggestion, that looks like an awesome little box! I may go this route instead... Lots of decisions to make. The Nord Electro is calling my name because it's so self contained/lightweight but it seems like I could save a ton of money going with the Oberheim B3.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited December 2018

Yeah sounds great, its analog, so sounds more lively than samples.

Its also rebranded as Viscount D9e
    https://reverb.com/item/15976394-vintage-viscount-d9e-organ-module-oberheim

Post edited by fryyyy on