Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can't get USB Midi Keyboard Working

Hello all! Just picked up a new Deluge a couple weeks ago and love it! I am however running into an issue. I have a K-board which is usb only. I attempted to use a USB hub to connect it with the Deluge to no avail. So I purchased the Keith McMillen Midi Expander which is made to work with the K-board and converts the USB into a standard DIN Midi port. I've now taken the out from the expander into the MIDI in on the Deluge followed the learn procedure for an instrument and still nothing. I've read through ever thread I can find and can't seem to find any answers. any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

this might seems like a stupid question but does your k board and midi expander work with other gear?

copied from gearsluts forum

If you mean the usb or midi in port, then no. It may work as a through on it's (micro) usb out, as you can send midi signals in to either in port and it will control McMillan hardware. If it's not for Kieth McMillen equipment, i would skip it. It barely works as advertised. (ie. only certain midi signals can be received without hooking it up to a computer).

however i have no experience with these products so i can't confirm or deny the validity of above statement .