Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

A 3rd song mode

vesnicvesnic DenmarkPosts: 2
edited December 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Hello! This will be my first post, I must say, thank you for welcoming me to this dear forum!
I am in love with the Deluge, and I observed a few things that in my imagination could work for this instrument to make it even more super powerful than it already is.
If the suggestion has already been made, I will apologize in advance, otherwise let us get to the bussiness!

I would call it the 3rd song mode which is a better, more improved and fuller version of launching clips/tracks/patterns. It is inspired from the Ableton clip view.
It implies that the tracks are layered horizontally from 1 to 16, and the track pattern variations would be layered vertically. Just like in song mode, if i want to add a variation I will press an empty pad on one of the track rows and i will duplicate the pattern so i can edit further. The horizontal page knob will deal with changing from page 1(tracks 1-16) to page 2(tracks 17-32) and so on and so forth.
Below I attached an image to explain it.
Maybe this song mode could be accessed by pressing the song mode 3 times? I don't know. its just an ideea.

Besides this idea, I would like to insipire for 2 more things that could improve the live performance or recording process.
1. Adding quantisation percentage : I want to record something unquantized but I would like to quantize afterwards with a percentage. Lets say I will apply only 30% quantisation. I don't know how this works, but I have seen it in other machines
2. Being able to arm recording and trigger the sequencer to start by pressing a note: lets say i press record when the sequencer is stopped. The moment I start playing something on it the sequencer is triggered to start and also records everything i play. It is a feature I found on the recent OP-z from teenage engineering.

THese are just ideas, and I think a new mode of launching clips like the one I presented is more efficient because there is more space so to speak(128(EDIT) clips only on 1 page versus the 8 vertical tracks in song mode, which is sometimes a pain to scroll down and find whatever i need to find) . IT would be a HUGE game changer. Imagine being able to play with 128 various patterns on 1 page only! It would be so much more useful, instead of looking at the 128(EDIT) unused pads in song mode, because honestly they stay unused, because you only use the other section of pads on the right..
Thanks!

by the Ableton model of clip view. !

Post edited by vesnic on

Comments