Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Slicing using the 2.1 waveform view

alexbugaalexbuga Bucharest, RomaniaBeta Tester Posts: 15

It would be cool to show the whole loop on the pads and add "rough" slice points then zoom in and adjust them.

So We would chop a tight kit from that sample.

Comments

wolfhaircutwolfhaircut Portland, Oregon, USAPosts: 3

I love this concept.

robleighton22robleighton22 MelbournePosts: 27

I prefer this idea than having the loop points functionality. Slicing would be ace done in this way. Makes complete sense.

fenixsongfenixsong United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 45
    edited December 2018

Do you know if part of the 2.1 update includes setting a loop point? (Like on Digitakt) To be more clear: currently there is a start and end point for samples, but a loop point helps for samples with a distinctive attack ...then loop between the loop point and end point for sustain. This would make melodic synths from samples way more powerful. (I've found its already quite good) -- nvm.... saw the video. awesome: it does.

Post edited by fenixsong on
    wooderswooders Oxford, UKPosts: 13
    edited May 2020

This would be great. A few extra ideas for this (mostly similar to the MPC/Maschine approach):

• Ideally you'd be able to either add the slice point using the pads in the waveform view, or just tap each of the audition pads in turn as the sample is playing and you hear the point where you want the next slice to start
    • You could then just restart the sample playback by pressing a previous audition pad that's already set to a slice to avoid the need to wait for the whole sample to loop through if you miss a slice point.

I've been doing a lot of sample chopping lately and not having to set the start point of the next slice manually after setting the end point for the previous slice would save a lot of time (and a bit of frustration as I'm forever moving my carefully set start point instead of the end point by mistake!)

This post also has some great ideas for slicing http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2136/kits-sampling-and-keyboard-mode-basic-concept-and-some-more-advanced-thoughts/p1

Post edited by wooders on