Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Override default sample note length (toggle)

Michael_R_GrantMichael_R_Grant Bristol, UKBeta Tester Posts: 17
edited November 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

I would love to have a toggle to override default sample note length (assuming this isn’t already an option in 2.1). This could be some kind of per track setting and would mainly be used for sequencing sampled/ multi-sampled instruments in a synth track.

I’ll outline my 2.0 use case for now:

I sample a note from the Moog Model 15 app on my iPad and load it to a synth track. I then want to create a sequence. At the moment, every time I enter a note on the grid it will default to the length of the sample, but this will usually be too long and it will take time to manually shorten the note length. If my sequence contains a number of notes, this is a pain! In this scenario, it’s unlikely that I will want notes treated this way. I will have used the ADSR envelope on the Deluge to set an amount of decay and release that suits what I want to achieve. I could make it a snappy note or one that’s long, but I would have recorded a longer sample than I needed in order to give me options.

What I would like is the ability to turn off default sample note length for this track, so that pressing one pad on the grid will lead to the note being one grid step, as per the norm for a synth track. This can happily be a toggle, as there will obviously be many occasions where having your whole sample play by default is advantageous!

Post edited by Michael_R_Grant on

Comments

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I hear you. Good call. I import a LOT of my own samples, and agree that one always wants to upload a sample which will offer options for different usage.