Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How many CV/Gate tracks in one song? Two only?

SpiderLabSpiderLab Byron BayPosts: 18

I am using each of the two CV/Gate pairs to send pitch and gate to two voices in my eurorack. Then I want to change the pattern during the next stage of the piece but Deluge won't let me make a new CV track. I think I understand why. Because two tracks can't drive out the same outputs at once. But this means my 'expensive' eurorack voices are tied to just one track/pattern :-( Is there some way to keep the tracks mutually exclusive so I can record more CV Tracks or play different patterns one after another on the same track and repeat some etc?? I have searched high and low for the answer :-( Any suggestions welcome :-)

Best Answer

drGrovdrGrov Hampshire, UKPosts: 14
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓

Copying a pattern creates a new one on the same CV / Gate pair.

Post edited by drGrov on

Answers

SpiderLabSpiderLab Byron BayPosts: 18

Thanks drGrov. I thought that wouldn't work but it does since it puts the new track in a new Section and hence it is mutually exclusive. Very clever! That means I can drive my CV into different modular voices via a mult and then change patterns either manually or with the Arranger. Sooper :-)

amorrison651amorrison651 UKPosts: 1
    edited November 2018

I had a question to jump on this topic, but more regarding the max gate/triggers.
    I have a drum synth (Russian Marsh UDS) with 6 trigger inputs and I'm trying to send 6 separate trigger signals from the 4 gate and 2 CV channels of the deluge.
    However in practice when playing a 16 note loop, I have the first 4 gate channels sending fine via a single kit track and triggering correctly, however the 2 CV tracks only send a single trigger on the first note, per loop. Would there be any way to use the CV channels as separate triggers alongside the four gate sends?
    I understand the use of CV to control pitch, but perhaps there is a method to change the settings of the CV outs to mimic a trigger out?

Post edited by amorrison651 on
    darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited November 2018

@amorrison651 You could try this (untested) lay out some steps where you want your “CV triggers” set them as a high note to get enough voltage (5v should be ok) now zoom the grid to 64ths so that immediately after the high notes you will place a very low note (0v or as low as you can get, then it should act like a trigger - a brief 5v pulse follwed by a zero volt gap until the next trigger.

In theory it should work but you might need to experiment.

Post edited by darenager on
    VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

I have a similar vintage analog Drum Machine here, but I haven't been able to get gates 3 and 4 working.
    Does anyone have a video showing the process?
    I'm following what the manual says, but it's not working as expected.

Really, I would wish to send MIDI out, CV and Gate out of synth tracks in PARALLEL, as most machines do it.
    ( Which means that the internal synth would still be playing audible notes, unless you decided to turn the track volume to zero )

I like to work on the melodies at any time, the Deluge may be alone without the other synths around.
    Later, it'd be ready to control the other synths when returned to the studio.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

I figured it out eventually.
    In the settings, make sure the Track 3 and 4 are set to VTrig
    Then make a Kit,
    Hold the preview pad, then Tap the CV Button ( does manual mention this? ) then you see Gate 3,
    turn the lower gold knob to set that to a number 1 - 4, do that for each drum.

I will share the video later.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK