Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Count In recording

alexbugaalexbuga Bucharest, RomaniaBeta Tester Posts: 15

I'm actually surprised we don't have this already.
I know I can wait for a loop to finish, but imagine if I have an 8 bar loop :)

Comments

moosiqpiplmoosiqpipl Frankfurt am Main, GermanyPosts: 24

+1

((qp))

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36

+1

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

I don't know exactly what you mean with your three words: Is it to loud or is it untight or is it a midi problem that you are tryin to describe?
    Just three words show how much you respect the work of two guys in NZ: Deluge is not growin by children cryin for more and more and more (and others leavin just +1) but by people who develop their visions in detail, respecting the work actually done, give examples how it can be realized in a given concept.

@Eddy said:
    I don't know exactly what you mean with your three words: Is it to loud or is it untight or is it a midi problem that you are tryin to describe?
    Just three words show how much you respect the work of two guys in NZ: Deluge is not growin by children cryin for more and more and more (and others leavin just +1) but by people who develop their visions in detail, respecting the work actually done, give examples how it can be realized in a given concept.

I wasn't disrespecting anyone. It's a standard DAW feature and that's how it's called. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory.

Basically it counts 4 steps before it starts recording so you can prepare for the take.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited November 2018

I have a Kit with only Klicks onbeat that I mute when I don´t need it - but of course you are right that this is far away from a "Count In REC" that other machines have got,

Post edited by Eddy on

You can do it either your way either listening to the pattern. My "issue" is that I want to count in 4 beats before I record a lead solo or some chords. Because if I have a 8 bar pattern and hit play + rec, I don't want to wait 8 bars.

One workaround I found is to play from the last bar. I zoom Until 1/16, scroll to the last bar and hold <> + PLAY

wolfhaircutwolfhaircut Portland, Oregon, USAPosts: 3

I fully agree with Alex. This has been standard across a majority of both digital and hardware interfaces that I've used in the past twenty years. I have already found myself running into this on basically a daily basis.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

They might add this feature in the next update, as a 'Record to Arranger' is being added, so would make sense to also add a count-in.

Yeah, record to arranger takes the Deluge into Ableton Live territory. It was already one foot in :)

+1

This would be incredibly useful when sampling acoustic instruments as well.

Yeah. I also posted a feature request for threshold recording. That's even better for sampling ;)

@alexbuga said:
    Yeah. I also posted a feature request for threshold recording. That's even better for sampling ;)

Yep, did this with the MPC/404, great feature. Both would be perfect but would be happy with either!!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited November 2018

workaround: press l/r and press PLAY. playback starts from the current screen. so you can start at the 7th bar and dont have to wait.

never used count in for recording, probably because i am a bad keyboard player, i rarely get it right in one take anyway :)
    true it is a fairly common feature and i can understand many people are used to it to get a recording right.

Post edited by amiga909 on

@amiga909 said:
    workaround: hold BACK and press PLAY. playback starts from the current screen. so you can start at the 7th bar and dont have to wait.

never used count in for recording, probably because i am a bad keyboard player, i rarely get it right in one take anyway :)
    true it is a fairly common feature and i can understand many people are used to it to get a recording right.

That's what I do now.

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61

I always make a track like 4x as long as I need it and just start playing when it sounds right and shift it all back to the start afterwards.

Michael_R_GrantMichael_R_Grant Bristol, UKBeta Tester Posts: 17
    edited November 2018

+1

AbortRetryFail, that’s a great workaround!

Post edited by Michael_R_Grant on
This discussion has been closed.