Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Song-View: show track “names“

When there are already a few tracks displayed in song-view, I quickly loose the overview which track is playing which instrument - especially with my externel synths.

It would help a lot if we can see the “names“ of the tracks in this view. When pressing (and keep holding) a track, currently the display is empty (until you turn a knob). So there could be some informations, like the MIDI channel, sample name or synth preset. Much better would be: beeing able to give them a desired user name.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Would be immensely useful

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

DustyNeedleDustyNeedle BelgiumPosts: 6

Yes this would be a great update !!

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

yes very good, hold a track and it would light up "midi" light and show the midi channel "5" , for example,

MachineAgeVoodooMachineAgeVoodoo BerlinPosts: 17

Simply naming a track and having that flash/show in songmode when either pressing the track itself or the audition button would be -immensely- helpful yes...

VoltVolt Posts: 55

Yes, it’s strange because this feature has been implemented in firmware 2.0 - but just in arrangement mode!? Why not in song mode, too? It would be logically and self-evident to have a uniform behaviour, for a better workflow and overview.

I suggested earlier to color code the mute buttons, this way we have instrument/track recall easier, we will see what 2.1 brings!

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1093/give-each-track-a-visible-number
    There needs something to be done about this track identification issue. It's impossible to keep track about tracks at the moment.

Will be in 2.1 :)

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Icoustik said:

I'm guessing you have got the beta now then? If so, can you give us more details plz ;)

@Icoustik said:

As far as I know there’s still no 2.1 beta... so I’m wondering: why are you sure about this (and other things)?

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Volt said:

@Icoustik said:

As far as I know there’s still no 2.1 beta... so I’m wondering: why are you sure about this (and other things)?

I think the 2.1 beta has just come out, as Ron Cavagnaro has just posted a video for a new screen switch feature for the Deluge;

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

The behaviour as Ron shows in that video has been present since 2.0.

The 2.1 beta is not out yet.

When 2.1 comes out public it will say 2.1 in parentheses

@ Ian_Jorgensen: Ok, but where I can find the feature list, which includes this request? Or from which place lcoustik got this informations?

Never mind me, I have no idea what I'm talking about

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

Rather than a Track being either a Synth OR a MIDI, I would prefer you could do both! As it is on most other devices, each channel also has a specified MIDI out, or "none".

Because the Deluge is more portable than the other synths, you might take it places to write,
    then come home and plug into your main MIDI!

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

This discussion has been closed.