Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Seriously Unstable

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

Another exploration with this wicked little box:

Comments

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

That was really good @Will . Did you do all the sound design on the Deluge itself? There were some really nice sounds in there. Very good ambient exploration. I found myself wanting to hear some downtempo drums in there at some points. All in all I very much enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Nice. I definitely opened this thread expecting bug reports, but was pleasantly surprised. ;)

@Mr_Fork said:
    That was really good @Will . Did you do all the sound design on the Deluge itself? There were some really nice sounds in there. Very good ambient exploration. I found myself wanting to hear some downtempo drums in there at some points. All in all I very much enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Yes, all the sounds are from the Deluge. None of my own samples, etc. no external fx.
    To be honest, I didn't expect the synth engine to offer such great interactive control, but it was a nice flow.
    I thought about adding some beats as well, but decided that leaving it without tempo reference, felt more mysterious...

@Will said:
    Yes, all the sounds are from the Deluge. None of my own samples, etc. no external fx.
    To be honest, I didn't expect the synth engine to offer such great interactive control, but it was a nice flow.
    I thought about adding some beats as well, but decided that leaving it without tempo reference, felt more mysterious...

I have done some diving into the synth engine and it is really good. Still have to develop some of the muscle memory for the matrix. You're right too it sounds more mysterious without the beats. Still though it might be a cool track to do multiple versions of. Again great job.

@Will said:

I have done some diving into the synth engine and it is really good. Still have to develop some of the muscle memory for the matrix. You're right too it sounds more mysterious without the beats. Still though it might be a cool track to do multiple versions of. Again great job.

I find the 'Matrix' less than ideal, but this machine has so much going for it, that I'm willing to just go with the flow - I try not to get myself into too much 'Left Brain' territory when I'm on it.

Fantastic!

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

Great track Will.

Did you use my random synth patch generator for this at all? Some of the sounds sound exactly like the kind stuff that it churns out. :smile:

@neilbaldwin said:
    Great track Will.

Did you use my random synth patch generator for this at all? Some of the sounds sound exactly like the kind stuff that it churns out. :smile:

Honestly Neil, I can't be sure.
    I can't be sure, as I delved into the factory presets (which I'd hardly checked out) and once I'd selected some sounds, I began to record. Now that I've found some sounds I'm into, I'll have to take some time to explore how they were programmed...

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

@Will said:

@neilbaldwin said:
    Great track Will.

I can't be sure, as I delved into the factory presets (which I'd hardly checked out) and once I'd selected some sounds, I began to record. Now that I've found some sounds I'm into, I'll have to take some time to explore how they were programmed...

Don't sweat it Will. I hope you didn't take it as criticism/negative as that very much wasn't the intention :)

@neilbaldwin said:

@Will said:

@neilbaldwin said:
    Great track Will.

Don't sweat it Will. I hope you didn't take it as criticism/negative as that very much wasn't the intention :)

I didn't detect any sense of criticism. I'm just grateful that you took the time to comment at all.

All the best

;0)