Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

gater

A gater would be a great feature. One track ist gating another.

Comments

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

The rhythmic gating suggestion using per step automation is good but unfortunately you do get a fair bit of clicking noise which doesn't work for me. I'm going through and trying some other options. So far the only one that has worked for me has been to resample and slice up the audio so that I can remove pieces. So I'm still going to give this a +1.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

true, it is not the same, i find it hard too to get "that trance gate" effect with sidechain. clicks happen a bit too much, agreed.
    IMHO it would help if it were more clear what the problem and what the proposed solution is in this suggestion.
    a new separate gate effect would not make much sense.
    imho it should be about what is missing from the sidechain effect as it really already is a step sequenced gater and it works already, just not optimal yet.

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

It could be realized in the same way an arpeggiator is working but instead of arpeggiating, the rhythm track is triggering the notes of the destination track, in both ways noten-on and note-off. Wouldn't work with audio indeed.

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

@amiga909 said:
    imho it should be about what is missing from the sidechain effect as it really already is a step sequenced gater and it works already, just not optimal yet.

Excellent point. So technically for me all it would take to get the sidechain to work properly would be to allow separate instances of the sidechain and allow for an adjustment to get rid of the clicking. Clicking seems to be something I run into fairly often on this device when working with volume adjustments (whether that be through lfo, sidechain, step automation, etc).