Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Drive filter question

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

I may have just missed this but I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the amount of drive when using the drive filter. Maybe I'm just making an assumption that you can adjust the drive. All I seem to have access to is the cutoff and the resonance.

Thanks,

Mr Fork

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

"Drive" is just a name for the filter that we've given it to differentiate it from the 12db and 24db and to illustrate how "hot" it sounds, there is no "drive level", its still cutoff and res.

That's about what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks Ian.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah, drive filter adds a distortion effect, amount is not controllable though.
    sometimes i just use the drive filter in bypass mode (full cutoff, zero resonance) as an additional distortion effect.

Thanks amiga909 I tried that out last night. Add just a tiny bit of saturation and the drive filter and it gets a really nice warm sound. I didn't know about bypass mode. I'll have to see if I can find that. So much to learn on the deluge.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

there is no bypass mode per se, i mean having lpf set to full cutoff amd zero resonance

@amiga909 said:
    there is no bypass mode per se, i mean having lpf set to full cutoff amd zero resonance

Ah I gotcha. That makes sense.