Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

External Audio Looper

13»

Comments

BobMaybeBobMaybe UKPosts: 1

+1 for this. Live looper would turn Deluge from best groovebox ever made into best product ever made.

joannaketurajoannaketura ViennaPosts: 1

Buy IELTS, IDP TOEFL, GMAT, ESOL, DEGREE, DIPLOMAS We deal and specialize in helping you to get

registered TOEFL, IELTS, IDP, ESOL, GMAT CELTA/DELTA, DEGREE, DIPLOMAS & other English Language

Certificates. We produce TOEFL & IELTS, ESOL, and CELTA/DELTA, DEGREE, DIPLOMAS English Language

for you with ease.///// SKYPE(ielts.foefl.Certificates)
    estherashi685@gmail.com
    (716) 226-3990
    ielts.foefl.Certificates@gmail.com

Ke10gKe10g BerlinBeta Tester Posts: 26
    • 1000!
      This functionality would really complete the machine for me. It would now really be "Ableton in a box", and so much more. In my preferred workflow, I try to integrate my modular synth improvs on the fly. If I have to mute all the other tracks to record each of the individual sounds coming from the modular, I won't be able to reproduce the tweaks I'm doing on the modules while in the flow of the music.

Is there any news from the Synthstrom team on this issue?

+1 for looper feature

SolejkushaoSolejkushao MarseilleBeta Tester Posts: 38

Yeah that would be so rad! With the ability to plug a MIDI foot controller...

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

another issue that rears it head for looping...

the ability to get a separate 'click/metronome' output - perhaps through a c/v jack or something?

Also, defining another sound as a click would be great...

edited October 2018

the ability to get a separate 'click/metronome' output - perhaps through a c/v jack or something?

This is not important to me.

I just want a simple way of arming record for sampling of the input (not the master out) in a kit track.
    All the elements are in place already, the Synthstrom team would only need to add one simple interface element:

Right now, I can create a new kit and press record while the Deluge is playing and record whatever I feed through the input. The only problem is that I have to time it just right, ie: press record at the beginning of the pattern and press again at the end of the pattern, because it starts recording as soon as you press the button, rather than arming and starting only at the next section start point (and stopping at the end).

Here is my idea for a quick fix to the issue:

-When recording a new sample into a kit, by first pressing the kit audition pad and the load button, then record:
    --If deluge is not currently playing, recording starts immediately, and stops when you press record again, as it does now.
    --If deluge is playing, the recording is armed, and starts only the next time the playhead reaches the beginning of the pattern, and stops again at the end of the pattern, unless the user presses stop before that point.

Post edited by Ke10g on
    muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

It's probably worth pointing out that before we have a looper (which I would really, really like) - we're going to need the ability to actually loop ;)

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/74/loop-screen-cycle-region

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

@muleskinner said:
    It's probably worth pointing out that before we have a looper (which I would really, really like) - we're going to need the ability to actually loop ;)

What you are describing would definitely be useful, but this is a different issue. We certainly do not "need" the feature you are describing in order to have basic quantized recording of the input. All we need is for the recording on and off points be quantized to the pattern beginning and end points.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128
    edited November 2018

Well, yes, I guess. But that would be an extremely basic implementation as it would only allow loops that matched the current section length and wouldn't work at all in arranger mode. I suppose you have to start somewhere though...

edit ignore that - I'm talking bollocks.

Post edited by muleskinner on

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

heldridaheldrida LondonPosts: 4

+1 Live looping like in Ableton Live to record external instruments or mic input; without having to stop the performance, trim, set start end points, etc. That'd make the Deluge amazing for improvisation, and create great music!

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41
    • automatic erase
    mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1

MakaiMakai United StatesPosts: 10

+1, live looping and being able to record quantized snippets right into the kit would be great. Something like the resample function which allows you record directly into a kit starting on the 1 and end recording after a preset number of bars. Maybe some sort of count in feature would be appreciated too, when recording a longer loop, it's kind of obnoxious waiting for the whole loop time to come around again just to have a count in before recording at the top.

This combined with some more sample based workflow tweaks would probably mean I never at another mpc in my life. real talk.

blogic12blogic12 United StatesPosts: 5

Hi, I am brand new to the forum and to the deluge so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I was wondering if this live looping functionality has been looked at further, if it has been implemented yet or is planned to be?
    Thanks!

propellpropell NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 17

+1 Quantized audio recording of any source with the push of a button (Ableton/Push 2-style) would make me sell my Octatrack and never look back. :)

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

Indeed, it would take a lot? of new coding, but it would also open up a new set of customers, the Live Loopers! many of whom love hardware, and don't want to use a laptop.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105
    edited February 2019

The more I think about it, the more I wish for audio clips and tracks in clip and arranger mode. Just like OP-1 tape recorder, with overdub and loop regions. The only thing missing is that it capture audio instead of midi.

Post edited by Phil on
    recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

hi guys, just been searching the forum for 'recording' bits... found this thread. forgive me for chiming in, i'm not sure the looping element is what i'm after but it's in the same ball park.

i think Ke10g nailed it, i'd like to be able to record an audio track (perhaps guitar or vox) in the arranger. the idea being i've done the rhythm section and would like to just lay vocals down over the the top from start to finish whilst it's playing back within the arranger. if it started on the next nearest bar that would be great and would just record until the red button is pressed again.

so yeah +1. keep up the good work Synthstrom, awesome kit.

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

It seems they're doing it with Deluge's "sister", Zoia. ; - ) I had thought it was only an FX box.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

AkenAken MontrealPosts: 31

I want to add my updvote to this.
    I work a lot with samples and I tend to record my voice or environment to integrate them live in the mix. Deluge has everything it needs for the hardware part (mic + line entry + good specs) so it would be almost absurd if no "record on next bar / x bars duration" function was added at some point ^^

This discussion has been closed.