Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New 2.1 firmware tease: Multisampling

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited September 2018 in News
Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

Great!
    The waiting of the first betas is going to be long! This update is a good one.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Great news, looking forward to this update!

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Amazing, this will be a game changer.

I only wish i had known earlier that this is going to happen, could have saved me a lot of work :smiley:

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

fryyyy, thanks for all your work though. Coz I'm pretty sure it was this that lead to Rohan's development of this feature !!!!

(really, hoping it does the multi-sample for both OSCs too - such that we can use the loud/soft folder pairs)

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

@beaker said:
    fryyyy, thanks for all your work though. Coz I'm pretty sure it was this that lead to Rohan's development of this feature !!!!

(really, hoping it does the multi-sample for both OSCs too - such that we can use the loud/soft folder pairs)

yes please!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah, multisample feature!
    the great hardware samplers of the past look down to NZ and bow their heads in appreciation 😀

@beaker said:

(really, hoping it does the multi-sample for both OSCs too - such that we can use the loud/soft folder pairs

dont think this turns this great webapp obsolete. there will be always be a need for a dope kit creator that can do complex layering and much more.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

I think it will do both OSCs because they essentially work the same. Can't wait to get my hands on this because the KITs are quite limited for multisamples (no transpose, no note shift etc)

Andy77Andy77 SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 12

Rohan, you just brought the Akais, Korgs, Rolands on to their knees , not by arrogance over a top notch product that you have developed but by sheer humility and razor sharp focus on the customer..... amazing mate!

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

Yep .. and I'll be in Auckland in September, if Rohan adds native Sustain pedal support (without having to learn it to the ADSR), then there's a few pints of beer in it for him if he was anywhere near me !!!

Coz he's taken his Synth, Sampler, Drums, Sequencer, Controller, Arranger and now basically is making it a Rompler as well. Kinda funny how the Fairlight was dev'd in Oz, and now just across the pond is the best hardware thing since that .. :smile:

@fryyyy said:
    I think it will do both OSCs because they essentially work the same. Can't wait to get my hands on this because the KITs are quite limited for multisamples (no transpose, no note shift etc)

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

This opens the way for some really excellent sample sets!
    With the Auto Pitch, should be fairly easy to make.
    Also - What about dropping a set of drum samples into it?
    If sorted by pitch, that could still be useful. ( Perhaps more so than the Kit Mode for my purposes... )

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

Finally Deluge becomes a full-grown sampler! Because I'm afraid that complex key mappings can't be created comfortably in the Deluge, I hope that ready-to-use multisamples (e.g. in SF2 or SFZ format) can be imported.

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I'm thrilled about this, and have created loads of my custom sounds (mainly from Omnisphere) in preparation for this update.