Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Power supply recommendations

Just got my Deluge and recognizing that I'll want to have a PSU so I can use USB for other connectivity. Anyone purchased a PSU for the US on Amazon or similar? Looking for recommendations. Thanks.

Comments

syncrsyncr Posts: 13

How about this one? https://goo.gl/91wFuF
    500ma, 9v

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44
    edited October 2018

I'd say that'd work just fine mate
    (Rohan actually says that the DC in was designed to run off of BOSS pedal supplies - so you're on the right path)

Post edited by beaker on
    syncrsyncr Posts: 13

Nice. Thanks :)

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61
    MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

But look out for one with more Amps than 500mA especially when powering from USB.

oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73
    edited December 2023

I see that ChatGPT uses this page as a source for what power supply to purchase for a Deluge.
    And NOT ONCE does it include the critical information that the power supply must be Centre-Negative.

In other locations I can see Deluges that have been damaged, another only in the last week.
    :(

Link to power supply FAQ here
    https://synthstrom.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Post edited by oneANT on
    pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 24

I recently tried using powered USB hub with Deluge connected to MyVolts 9V 1A centre-negative USB cable/adapter and I had problems with USB MIDI, even using a powered USB hub. I switched to an old 12V 3A centre-positive AC/DC PSU with polarity-switching cable adapter and it works fine. Maybe a current-draw issue?

But then I also ended up getting the tiny Retrokits RK-006 USB/TRS MIDI hub and if you plug the Deluge USB into a USB hub (I used a standard shielded right-angled USB-B plug to USB-A plug cable) attached to the RK-006 instead, USB MIDI works a treat. I tried a 10x socket powered USB hub and every device attached to the hub was sending/receiving USB MIDI just fine, and the Deluge did not need extra power into the barrel DC socket, but was still charging off the USB hub. One less cable/PSU to worry about.
    The same RK-006 also leaves me with another 2x MIDI TRS INs and 10x MIDI TRS OUTs, so it's a powerful little device for the money. Even has latency compensation for each MIDI device, but you do need to plug it in to computer or phone to access settings.
    Pity it's not built in to the Deluge!

nabendnabend Posts: 13

i recommend to buy a proper table PSU with 12V and at least 4A output if you plan to power devices via USB. then solder another plug to switch polarity. a 90°-plug makes sense as you can turn it so that one doesn't run into space problems when also using a USB-B-to-A-adapter directly on the Deluge.