Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

clips on fat bass

DubphilDubphil FrancePosts: 5
edited October 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Hi people

I think I have an issue, on songs in which there is a synth modified to be a fat and loud bass (by using the cutoff, a little bit of saturation and bass parameter to more than 40). Alone, the track is not clipping, but if I play it with another track it clips regularly even if the volume of the bass is low. Is it a bug or do I want to achieve something not allowed ?
I have received my Deluge two weeks ago so it has the last firmware I presume.

Cheers

Phil

Edit: oups sorry this post is not in the good category

Post edited by Dubphil on

Comments

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

This only happens to me when I have kick drum hitting at the same time as a fat bass sound, usually high passing the kick and using sidechain fixes it.

Thanks Cypher79 ! ok so I can fix it then. I have seen a couple off video talking about this sidechain thing, but I can't figure out how to accomplish it exactly, on which track do I have to apply it exactly and how ? the bass or the kick ?

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Sounds to me like you simply don't have enough headroom. Turn everything down, then turn your speakers up!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Dubphil said:
    Thanks Cypher79 ! ok so I can fix it then. I have seen a couple off video talking about this sidechain thing, but I can't figure out how to accomplish it exactly, on which track do I have to apply it exactly and how ? the bass or the kick ?

Make sure your bass is highlighted, then select sidechain and turn the upper gold knob...the Deluge automatically knows where the kick drum is.

Hi !
    @Cypher79 no way, the clips are always there whenever the level of the sidechain unfortunately.
    @muleskinner as I said, the clips are here even if all the tracks are very low :(
    looks like I can't use this bass in fact

KillertomatoKillertomato berlinBeta Tester Posts: 12
    edited October 2018

I might have had a similar problem just now. Didn't matter if I put in sidechain oder lowered the volume.

Post edited by Killertomato on
    MafooMafoo Posts: 53

try lowering the OSC1 and/or OSC2 level to something <50.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

hmmm, > @Dubphil said:

Hi !
    @Cypher79 no way, the clips are always there whenever the level of the sidechain unfortunately.
    @muleskinner as I said, the clips are here even if all the tracks are very low :(
    looks like I can't use this bass in fact

just a guess, maybe another bug with a sidechain modulation?
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1159/funny-sounding-glitch-in-chorus-sidechain-mod#latest
    however, if you can reproduce the bug and send the XML files, pretty sure Rohan will appreciate and fix it.