Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Show grid as 16 band equalizer

Only having high and low on the EQ isn't really cutting it, so I was thinking about the possibility of a button combo to show the grid as a 16 band EQ for whichever sound is highlighted, thus offering much greater control over sounds....and when in song view it could work as a master EQ too.

Comments

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

This view could also work for automations.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

I just posted suggestion for automation the 16 band EQ eats too much CPU power,, like ANA delay ... it would cut down polyphony ... but if we had Q as parameter on two bands that would help too

Why would it use too much CPU? In Ableton you can throw on hundreds of EQ's with barely any loss in processing compared to using synths...and Synthstrom say that the 2.0 update will add "30-50% more CPU power".

Either way we really need a better EQ on the Deluge, the current one feels like an afterthought.

Bump

Would be great to have a grid based 16 band EQ on the Deluge....currently I'm having to export the stems out of the Deluge just to EQ them in Ableton which is a bit annoying...would love to just be able to do the EQing on the Deluge.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63
    edited November 2018

+1 or just mid band on a knob

Post edited by mrrafs on
    ChrisfreeqChrisfreeq NorwayPosts: 25

Yes!!! Crucial with a proper EQ for polishing a track. +1

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

This is probably the best idea i've heard of.
    +1000000

hollsoundhollsound HUNGARYPosts: 8
    edited December 2019

+1 vote
    Game changer, excellent idea!!!
    My own plus idea is a colourful sound spectrum analyser on the grids. Killing combo with the 16 band EQ.

Post edited by hollsound on

great idea @hollsound . why don't you post a feature request 🙂

if i had the option to choose just one new feature it would be this one.. not only for finishing tracks, but also for sound design and for preparing live sets. it is really not quite possible to sculpt sound precisely and clear up unwanted frequencies with the current eq

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

I'd love this feature but not at the expense of a lot of polyphony.