Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multiple arrangements possible ?

MorryMorry TokyoPosts: 8

Hello I am seriously considering Deluge.

I want to save and store multiple arrangements like in Octatrack, to use any of them time by time.

Sounds basic but no description in manual or available tutorials so appreciate feedback.

Thanks !

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yeah sure. One arrangement per song - 999 save slots with letter iterations A-Z possible, so you can have 25974 arrangements in there :P

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited October 2018

Thank you.

For further understanding,

say if I have created four songs A, B, C and D,

can I make one arrangement to play A, C then

another arrangement to play B, D ?

I play guitar so I want deluge to switch songs automatically as arranged.
    Also I want to reserve variety of song combinations using the arranger.

thanks !

Post edited by Morry on

No currently the arrangement is within the song, so you can't really chain arrangements automatically - but you can manually switch songs without stopping so it transitions from save to save seamlessly

Tks again.

For me that is bit of a shortcoming cuz I usually have guitar in my hands and any sampler/sequencer is more of a backing track player.

It would be better if the songs in Deluge can be freely chained using arranger mode.

Arranger in Octatrack enable us to create chain of multiple songs (banks we call it) so in that aspect it is more convenient for me at least.

However Deluge seems to have many other strength so I will further dig in.

All you have to do to change to the next song is press Load, move the knob once then press Load again :)

Others have asked for song chaining tho, and it's quite likely it will get implemented along the way as updates are very frequent and user-driven.
    You can go and upvote the existing forum requests for this to increase the priority :)

Also, it is still very well possible to chain multiple songs in one arrangement when we're talking about only using it as a backing track player. No problem. There are multiple ways to approach doing this. I can explain in more detail if you're interested

Year thanks, I found an existing thread to request for the song chain, so I have just made a reply in that thread to ask the same.

It should not be a simple backing track player but I also want to do some tweaking on the fly.
    Tweaking knob to switch songs should be workable so I might as well give it a try though.
    However it will be more ideal if I can freely select favorite songs, put them together as one big sequence.

As it sounds (at least) not difficult technically, I hope this can be implemented soon.

One approach would be to load your songs either as stems or as mixes/ resamples (to save CPU) into tracks on the Deluge then simply chain them up one after the other in the arranger mode. Tracks can be thousands of bars long if you want :p
    You can still use the knobs like normal and tweak filters, fx, pitch, tempo etc.

Mine will arrive soon B)

Thanks for the advice !

HollexHollex FrPosts: 12

It would be very powerful if the Deluge could load songs into songs. So one song is already loaded and it’s playing and you choose another song which you can mix with the current song as desired. Like in Ableton’s Live..

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

Also, it is still very well possible to chain multiple songs in one arrangement when we're talking about only using it as a backing track player. No problem. There are multiple ways to approach doing this. I can explain in more detail if you're interested

i have interested for an explain to use as a backing track player ;) thanks

@happyclimber I'll help as much as I can :) Did you understand the other info I shared here? And do you have a Deluge?

yes thanks , I have a deluge (2 days ago) and I have several questions ;) it's an amazing products

in first , I need to lunch long sample (long wave ) to play my guitare and use just like a backing back player... I do not know what would be the best method...I think I should be able to place all these samples in the same song and one sample by tracks...after I can lunch a sample in solo mode ? what do you think ??
    the problem is that the length of the sample does not adapt to the length of the tracks and I have to do it manually. is it possible to import a sample and the length of bar automatically adapts to the length of the sample ??

t would also be great if the tracks length (bar number) was also adjusted when recording a synth in keyboard mode for example. ex: my drum plays on 16 steps but I record on a keyboard in keyboard mode which turns on 64 steps ... do not need to predifinir the number of steps ? Do you understand me ? sorry I'm French .....

I can understand you, it's only minor grammar differences :)

Put the long sample in it's own kit track.

You could try cutting the long sample, on computer or whatever, so that it is in bars measures, meaning it starts on the 1 in the rhythm and ends at the exact end of a bar so that it would loop if you put it in Loop mode.

Yeah you have to set the length of a track prior to recording in it.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

I do this all the time.
    I put backing tracks in a kit and extend the bars until it fits in nicely.
    An auto extend would be nice but it would also bring problems I assume.
    It’s also good to pull some of the problematic stems in there own tracks too. :smile:

ok thanks for your answer :) I have the impression that for 1000 users of this machine, there is 1000 use :D

an other question, I don't find subject !!! what is the best method to export song in a daw or in wav ? is it possible to export a song with separate tracks ?
    thanks a lot

Yes you can resample individual tracks by soloing them then hold Rec + press Play to start quantized-resampling, then press the same again before the end of the loop where you want to stop it :)

There are many uses and approaches indeed!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

this could be covered with a better midi implementation.
    manual says Midi Program Changes are transmitted but not recognized. haven't investigated when Deluge sends PGM messages. will do later. PGMs with bank selection MSB and LSB could be used to adress over 2 million songs in theory. dont know if this would be ok for most users as you'd need an external midi controller and know how to do program PGM with MSB and LSB. for me it would cover the need to automate song changes.