Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

My first fully formed All Deluge tune - Soundcloud link

Hi all. Here is a link to a very simple, chilled atmospheric piece I made all totally within the deluge, comprised of retuned piano samples, a cheeky small slice of Ennio Morricone and a splash of internal synth. Named due to my feeling it sounds a little like DJ Shadow and a little like Boards of Canada...but only a little. Loving the Deluge!

Comments

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Nice! Is the piano sample done using a kit (the current way to multi-sample) or is it just a single sample in a synth?

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

The piano samples were loaded into a kit and individually retuned to suit from 8 different piano notes, two sets of four at C1, C2, C3 & C4 so only need detune a few semitones either way, so yes, basic multisampling. Same deal with the vocal notes. The opening and recurring 'synth' line is a piano sample loaded into a synth and monkeyed with. All real simple stuff but I liked the feel of it and all real easy to achieve in the Deluge.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Nice. I've held off doing any multisampling, as I'm waiting for the new firmware, but it's good to know it's easy to do in case the firmware is a long way off.

Yeah. My view is to use the Deluge as it is and go with the flow as and when new features arrive. Excellent little box though. Most of my tinkering has been with using it alongside other gear but it’s also such a good all-in-one and so portable it’s tempting just to plug in the headphones and play.

justindavidowjustindavidow Winnipeg, CanadaPosts: 16

Neat!

I hear what you mean about the Boards influence; lovely!

Looking forward to playing more with my Deluge. Only got mine this week; already had a blast with the thing!

Yes. It’s a great machine. I’m loving mine so far and writing a lot with it...of varying quality. Will post some more when I’ve bashed them into shape a bit more. Thanks for the nice comment. Cheers