Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is a SD Card included

TallGuyTallGuy LondonPosts: 6

Hi all, as I'm waiting for my Deluge to be delivered, I thought it might be a good time to buy a SD card. But going though these forums, I get the impression a card is included. It doesn't make it very clear anywhere on the website if a card is included yes or no.

Comments

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

I am waiting for mine as well. Should get to me in a few days. I did quite a bit of forum reading before purchase and yes, it comes with SD card according to posts here and includes some kits and presets already on the card. Just what I gathered. Max SD card size is 32gb if you want to transfer the initial content onto a larger card.

The support and community looks great from what I have read. Very excited for mine to get here. I have been DAWless for about 4 years now and sequence on various devices like a Zaquencer, Radikal Technologies Spectralis 2, Quasimidi Polymorph, MV8800, and a Circuit that I really dig. This one is very much looked forward to. The videos of use and tutorials all seem to fit the bill for a more portable “brain” to my smaller set of portable hardware I want to take to various friends studios. My mv8800 is my main sequencer/synth/sampler “brain” but I love setting up smaller setups with my other sequencers and sometimes use the multitimbral Beatmaker 2 and BeatMaker 3 on iPad to sequence my external gear mixed with onboard stuff.

There is also a very very cool project called Downrush that uses a Toshiba WiFi SD card (still 32gb max) that allows some wireless transfers and editing of certain files and samples that looks awesome. I’m going to wait a bit on that though until I learn my Deluge ins and outs better but certainly plan for use in the future with WiFi SD card.

Been waiting on a portable centerpiece that fits my sequencing style and Deluge seems to fill a lot of wants for that slot. I spent about 14 years ITB on PC with various DAWs and softsynths and really love going back to my roots on hardware. Fun fun! I got some boutiques and a couple nice SID chip synths that are begging for the Deluge to take control of them in a mini version of my big stationary setup.

I’m sure an actual real Deluge user will chime in here, but it appears to come with either an 8gb or 16gb SD card.

Cool, if a card is included, I'll use that to get started. Even 8GB of samples is still a lot.

Do we know what readout speed is recommended for a card? Again, I struggle to find relevant information.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199
    edited May 2018

I think a lot here have been using the 90mb/s cards.

I ordered a 32gb 90mb/s card

I think that’s a UHS class 3 card.

Maybe someone can answer if it works with the newer UHS-II Extreme cards...

I’ll buy one if it improves it but if not necessary for sufficient speeds, that would be good to know. They get expensive.

Post edited by Vondragonnoggin on

One of the comments I read suggested that beyond a certain speed, it won't make a difference as you hit the speed limit of the Deluge itself. There's a big price difference between a 80mb/s card and a 100 mb/s one, so it's worth knowing what you need and not overdoing it.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2018

forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/1170#Comment_1170

Here you go :)

Doesn't say what speed the card that's included is, but that's the max speed of the Deluge

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/1170#Comment_1170

Here you go :)

Doesn't say what speed the card that's included is, but that's the max speed of the Deluge

Ah yes, that's the discussion I remember seeing. And it doesn't mention the speed.

Have all Deluges that have been sold since 2016 been the same? Or have there been speed upgrades to the hardware like slightly faster processors? Is that why the card speed is not necessarily mentioned? Just trying to find the logic behind the absence of this information.

Either way, as long as an SD card is included upon delivery, I can get started

thejohnpepethejohnpepe United States (Boston Area)Posts: 6

I just got mine last week and it came with a 16GB SD card

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @TallGuy! Just going to confirm that yes, it does come with an 16GB SD card included. The specs for the current cards can be found here: http://www.adata.com/us/specification/208

Thanks Sam. Pretty high specs then. Good to know.

six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38

Just for those that come later, mine came this week with an 80Mb/s read time SD card.
    (This is roughly equivalent to streaming ~4-5 minutes of stereo 44.1kHz/24bit audio from disk... per second)

This corresponds to SanDisk "Ultra" speeds, so you can safely save a few bucks vs the Extreme, I'd guess.