Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is it possible to record the Input in Sync to the song?

GrappaduraGrappadura GermanyPosts: 41

Hi,

I´m not sure my question is easily understood. I know I can record the deluge output in Sync, meaning I can press record + play, and as the manual says, the recording will start at the exact same time that playback is begun. I am currently using this to record my external synths, I mute the other tracks and this way I can record only the hardware synth and later, in kit mode, I can select that sample and it is in perfect sync with the rest of the track. This is awesome and the timing is absolutely tight!

I wish I had this option to record the deluge input as well, meaning in kit mode. But in Kit mode this option seems not to be there, or is it? Thx!

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

No, there's currently no way to record the input in sync to the song I'm afraid.

six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38

@rohan said:
    No, there's currently no way to record the input in sync to the song I'm afraid.

Do I understand this correctly?--> There's no ability to realtime record (only) a new performance/take from the audio input while playing along with the track.

Is this planned? This is would seem very important for workflows where external instruments are being sampled.

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

is it possible that the length of a tracks is adjusted according to the notes that we record..the goal is not to need to predict the length of the pattern?

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

@rohan said:

I hadn't realized this. A big part of how I plan to use the Deluge is within a set up where I play external physical instruments (with attached Piezo pickups) as part of my compositions.

I suspect I can just 'sample' my performance on the external sound, and sync up the starting point, but it will likely taken an extra step pull me out of my 'live performance' mode.

Not ideal. Perhaps there will be an update that may resolve this in the future...

asingleechoasingleecho CanadaPosts: 5

I am looking for a way to do this also. I need to be able to sample synths which are sequenced by the Deluge, starting on the first beat and ending at the last bar of a pattern.

Ke10gKe10g BerlinBeta Tester Posts: 26

see the discussion about external audio looping: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/6458#Comment_6458