Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

FM synth modulators and carriers

rossross WellingtonPosts: 9

One of my audio dreams is to hear FM reasonably long samples - I imagine that both Modulators and Carriers might access sample files. The results might very well be wild but amazing.
I used a vocoder once with quite different natural sounds one as source and the other as envelope follower with unpredictable but very exciting results. I hope you might be able to open your FM options up to this?

Ross

Comments

My description above may not be clear.
    I am requesting Modulators and Carriers by full length samples instead of wavetables of samples.

I hope that is clear???

Ross

Okay,

one more time:

I'm hoping that FM modulators and carriers could be full length samples!!!

Ross

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

it was discussed before. I think the overall meaning was, very cool to have, but probably too difficult.
    RM with samples is rather common to see, FM with samples rather not. V-Synth by Roland was known for FM with samples.

A mate told me his Alesis Fusion can do this too. Investigated a bit further maybe it is something that is not hard to do, just not common. https://cycling74.com/forums/using-sample-as-carriermodulator-in-fm-synthesis
    For me at least RM mode should accept a sample or audio in source. FM with samples could be rad but don't know if it means asking for an exotic feature that is exotic because it is hard to do.

Thank you for your reply. i am glad the concept is not impossible. I know nothing about programming and how one might get full samples into the FM side of things. I await developments. Meanwhile there is quite a lot to be going on with my new Deluge.