More launch modes and sync setting per track
In song mode, it would be nice to have more settings per track how it behaves upon triggering, retriggering and syncing to the other tracks or the "grid".
Options define how tracks responds to being triggered:
- Retrigger - Track triggers on each press (the track Trigger sync setting determines immediacy).
- Hold & stop - Track triggers on press, plays while held and stops on release.
- One shot - Play once and stop
- Latch - Repeated presses cycle between play and stop.
Trigger sync - Controls the trigger-timing for Tracks:
- Off - Track start as soon as triggered.
- 1/4 beat to 4 beats - Tracks are triggered on the next 1/4 to 4 beats.
- Auto - Defined by the length of the Track being triggered (up to 4 beats).
Extra option: Tolerant (on/off) - Track normally missed when triggered slightly late will be triggered immediately, so a small part at the beginning of the Track will be truncated (this is usually preferable to delaying the Track until the next bar).
Position sync - Controls from where within the bar Track start playing:
- Off - Play starts from the beginning of the Clip.
- 1/4 beat to 4 beats - Playback starts within the Track to the nearest 1/4 to 4 beats.
- Auto - Playback starts from the current song position. This allows you to start playback from the correct point inside a Track regardless of when it was triggered.
(Inspirated by the FL Studio manual)