Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Remember last set note velocity (solved)

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157
edited January 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

When you set a note's velocity in the piano roll, Deluge should remember the value and set this as the value for the next notes.
Also: if you press and hold an already placed note, it should show its velocity and then adopt this value for the next notes.

This allows you to set the velocity only once for multiple notes (and maybe add a little variation later). This would save a lot of time.

I think this feature would be really easy to implement and is also similar to the workflow of most DAWs and other sequencers, so almost everybody should be immediately familiar with it.

Post edited by MPrinsen on

Comments

edited May 2018

One mode comment:

It would be perfect if the last velocity is remembered per track. So when you switch to a different track and go back, you can immediately start entering notes in the piano roll in the same velocity of the last entered note of that track.

This doesn't sound like a spectacular feature, which is (I think) this thread does not have a lot of upvotes, but I am oretty sure a lot of people would benefit greatly of this.

Post edited by MPrinsen on

So this has been implemented in the new beta 2.0, as I read it, it is EXACTLY how I suggested! Thank you team Synthstrom!!

I'd like to revive this thread to add a suggestion for a minor change:

When you delete a note, it also "takes over" its velocity. I think it should not do this. Sometimes you want to replace some notes with notes of a different velocity, so you then want to first delete the note and then add the new note. This new note should then be the last set velocity, not the velocity of the last deleted note.

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61

Considering the only way we have to correct the timing of a note is to delete it and re-add it. The way it works now since 2.0 makes a lot of sense.

@AbortRetryFail said:
    Considering the only way we have to correct the timing of a note is to delete it and re-add it. The way it works now since 2.0 makes a lot of sense.

You are correct. But I think it would make more sense to do this by holding a note and shift its timing with the < > encoder, but apparently that's not possible..