Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V2.0.3 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Deluge firmware V2.0.3 is another minor bugfix.

Download it here.

Fixes include:
-- Fixed occasional problem relating to playback of kit tracks in songs with arrangements
-- Improved stability when live-switching songs

To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Comments

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

Thanks for that!

SamuelSamuel Rotterdam, NetherlandsPosts: 35

Guys the steady firmware updates really are impressive and make me really exited for my Deluge! Great work!

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

@Samuel said:
    Guys the steady firmware updates really are impressive and make me really exited for my Deluge! Great work!

+1 Great work!

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Thanks, great to see these regular updates.

DavidKDavidK NahvillePosts: 4

Gahm I can't wait to own one

I am trying to update to the latest firmware, however after holding Shift when turning on the unit the display says:

UPdA

then

CArd

and gets stuck there - it keeps displaying 'Card' and nothing happens. I dragged the bin file into the root directory of the SD card.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

It's having trouble reading your card. Try ejecting and re-inserting - often SD cards can get dirty contacts.

Worst case, try a different SD card.

mike505mike505 GermanyPosts: 8

Update is much appreciated! Thanks!

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I've tried to upload a folder of muti-samples repeatedly and am having no luck.
    I've just received my Deluge, and just to be sure, downloaded and reinstalled the current software update.

Still - when I try to 'Browse' and upload, I just get one sample, not the whole contents of the folder.

Any insight would be really appreciated.

Multisampling, as shown in our preview video, is coming in firmware V2.1 which isn't out yet!

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

That's great news. Glad to know it's not just me/my machine.

Thanks for the quick response.
    You rock!

w

;0)

danswettdanswett CaliforniaBeta Tester Posts: 2
    edited October 2018

Is there a way to check the currently installed firmware version on the Deluge?

Post edited by danswett on

Go to Settings (shift + push settings knob), then FIRM which will display the firmware version.

danswettdanswett CaliforniaBeta Tester Posts: 2

Thanks!

SammySammy DurnessPosts: 10

New user here, one of the main reasons I purchased the Deluge was because of the continued and frequent firmware updates unlike some other useless companies (cough "Roland!” cough)

HaggisHombreHaggisHombre GoodyearPosts: 6

Thank you, and thank you for creating an amazing machine. I would say it is boutique, there is nothing else that comes close in quality, power, and flexibility.

sramsram Posts: 2

Just had a go at updating this and i got error message. Then tried using the old firmware again and now all i get is error. help please!!

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited November 2018

Hi @sram . Are you still having issues?

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

I have to put the bin folder in a particular folder in sd card? how can I know the current version of my deluge? thanks

jnksndjnksnd Frankfurt am Main, GermanyPosts: 2

You can view the currently installed firmware version in the settings menu.
    To enter the settings menu from track view, song view or keyboard view, hold down the shift button and press down on the select knob.
    Turn the select knob one step counter clockwise and it should display FIRM.
    Press down on the select knob and it should display the current version.

Updating the firmware via SD card (from the online manual):
    The Deluge uses SD (or SDHC) card storage to load and record audio samples, store presets and save songs. A card of up 32GB may be used.
    The Deluge’s firmware may also be updated via an SD card. Synthstrom Audible will occasionally distribute firmware updates in the form of a .bin file. Simply place one of these files in the top-level directory of your SD card (also remove any other .bin file you put there previously), insert the card into the Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on the Deluge. The Deluge will display the text “UPDA”, followed by a spinning animation which may last up to half a minute or so. The Deluge will then display the text “DONE”, before booting up on the new firmware, which will now be permanently installed.
    There is no risk of damaging your Deluge even if power is lost during a firmware update. You will still be able to perform the process again by repeating the above steps.

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

Thanks jnksnd !!

ZararZarar SwedenPosts: 2
    edited November 2018

I downloaded the 2.0.3 Firmware. Cleared the SD Card of all content and put the .BIN file in the top directory along with the 3 folders included in the 2.0 standard content pack. Turning the deluge on while holding shift gives me an UPDA and then Error... Anyone else have this? @sram @Ian_Jorgensen

Post edited by Zarar on
    ZararZarar SwedenPosts: 2

@Zarar said:
    I downloaded the 2.0.3 Firmware. Cleared the SD Card of all content and put the .BIN file in the top directory along with the 3 folders included in the 2.0 standard content pack. Turning the deluge on while holding shift gives me an UPDA and then Error... Anyone else have this? @sram @Ian_Jorgensen

Managed to solve it by formatting the SD card!

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61

I don't use Facebook. Is there somewhere else to get hold of beta firmware?

funkymothersfunkymothers LondonPosts: 48

@pbolger said:

+1 same here

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

@pbolger said:

@funkymothers said:
    +1 same here

I think the only place to receive and test the beta firmware is the beta testers Facebook group at the moment. My understanding is they do that to ensure they can keep it contained and moving quickly with feedback, etc. all in the same place.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

^ Whilst unfortunately excluding a lot of other people (including very experienced beta testers, like myself) from joining, hey-ho. It does not personally bother me as I don’t have the time to dedicate to beta testing right now, but I find it a little strange that Synstrom would limit the beta in such a way if product development is the aim. But ain’t my pool party, and they gave their reasons along with the indication that FB might not always be a pre-requisite in the future.

doodloodoodloo Lisbon, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 37

Hey! I am an opensource advocate. I stopped using Facebook a while back because I don't want to explain my kids that I contributed to making the world a terrible place to live in a couple years down the road.
    That being said - how can I get the beta versions of the firmware for the Deluge? I am a software developer so I usually give quality feedback.

/CC @Ian_Jorgensen
    Thanks!