Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Affect Entire - exclusions

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

I really love the affect entire function, but I think it would be even better if some tracks could be excluded. Here is the idea:

Hold down affect entire, press the mute buttons of tracks you wish to exclude, they now glow a different colour (or flash, faded etc) to indicate they are excluded, now when you turn an effect knob those tracks are not affected but all the others are. It would be even better if each button (volume, cutoff, attack etc) had their own set of exclusions available, so for example your kick and bassline could be exluded from affect entire reverb, and your hi hats and could be excluded from affect entire cutoff, etc.

Comments

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

I'm gonna +1 every good performance oriented suggestions.

Also while where at it, being able to return to a given "base settings" for these effects would be awesome. In the heat of a performance, I've managed to go overboard on some modifications, and I would love to be able to cue the track again without any of the live modifications applied. Undo just doesn't cut it for that.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

using a midi controller you could assign multiple params to one control.

yeah, would be great to have

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

@o0_ said:
    I'm gonna +1 every good performance oriented suggestions.

Also while where at it, being able to return to a given "base settings" for these effects would be awesome. In the heat of a performance, I've managed to go overboard on some modifications, and I would love to be able to cue the track again without any of the live modifications applied. Undo just doesn't cut it for that.

Good idea! Maybe hold the track button whilst pressing relevant effect button could store the default settings, pressing the button combo again returns to the previous ‘live’ setting.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Bump, often running into situations where I need this feature...

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

@darenager You have some good ideas for the Deluge, I've noticed. Have I read you saying you don't do facebook? You would be helpful on the next beta tester round. I don't do the fb either, but did create a dummy account just to join. Just sayin...