Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How much more is deluge going to be developed ?

torgatorga LisbonPosts: 19

Hello. Im considering buying, but before i would like to know if the developers are thinking to drop the development of this machine on a short time basis.
There are a few things i dont like as they are, like the fx. A delay with filters it is something i consider essential for the kind of music i plan on doing with it, dub techno. More distortion types like tanh / diode is something i also miss.
It really needs better fx. Will it ever come ?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Quote from Ian Jorgensen (project manager @ Synthstrom):

"The Deluge started as a project so Rohan (the developer) could master this stuff, it was never seen as a commercial project when it began and I think we're lucky to come for the ride and I for one would rather wait and see what he does than have him bring other peoples ideas into it and be not something true to him and the reasons he started this in the first place.
    It's why I felt it important to clarify on the invoices that there was a lifetime software license - with this project, IT'S NOT BUYING A MACHINE, IT'S BUYING INTO A SPECIAL COMMUNITY - one where the developer is so dedicated and committed he is continuing to support wholeheartedly,
    his previous version which sold just ten units - that small group have had their device change radically the past year with a feature set far beyond what they bought into. This is the kind of person Rohan is and why I work with him.
    I wanna see what Rohan comes up with, not what others already have."

When you buy a Deluge, you don't buy a finished box. You buy a lifetime software license which will have your Deluge constantly updated & polished basically until either you or Rohan dies :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

DAMN it's good to read that.

If more of the rest of the universe had this approach, the world would be a much more sensational place for us to be creative and satisfied beings.
    I'm so sick of making purchases which either have built-in obsolescence, or are built from materials which will not endure, and inevitably end up in a landfill.

Good job Synthstrom.

Whenever I find products like this, built by passionate individuals and companies, I breathe a sigh of relief and thanks, and click 'Buy now' with pride and alacrity.

Shine On You Crazy Diamonds!!!