Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

how are tracks deleted from the arrangement?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

The whole track, not just the instances. Ive deleted the tracks from song mode, but once I've place them on the arrangement, they wont leave the project. Thanks

Comments

anyone? anyone ever deleted a track on the arrangement before? nothing in the manual. surprised this hasn't came up before. maybe im forgetting something simple?

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165
    edited August 2018

The only delete routines I know of in arrangement view- delete the specific instance by tapping the left-most pad for that instance, and also holding <> while pressing back clears the whole arrangement. I haven’t found any way to clear a whole “row” in arrangement view. I zoom out as far as possible then just manually delete the track. There is probably a better way, it’s not so easy when the arrangement is long.

Post edited by pfrf on

Thanks @pfrf. Yeah, im trying to remove the track, as in delete the track. Like you do with holding anywhere on the row+del button in song mode gets rid of the track.
    Once you add a track on the arranger, then decide later to not use that track, it cant leave the project anymore. It will delete on song mode but stay as a lane in arranger. Just an OCD/clutter issue i guess. Hard enough remembering what lane is what to also have lanes that do nothing also lit up. Hope its not holding cpu up though.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Tracks get fully deleted from arranger view when deleting tracks in song view by first removing all instances of it in the arranger :)

It's a bug/ room for imrovement, mentioned a few times on the beta group etc., Rohan has already fixed it I think and it will be in the next build

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Oh, i hadnt seen it mentioned in the beta group. Its easy to lose track on fb. What is happening is when the track gets deleted first in song mode while there are still parts on the arrangers timeline that it sticks. Even kind of randomly after theyve been deleted. As soon as it gets added on the timeline its there for good, like 8 times out of ten. Oh well, glad its known about then. I posted on fb and only got a reply from Ron. Thanks @Icoustik😊

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Oh yeah, I have seen this once before, I thought it was my own user error. Deleting from the song view before deleting from the arrangement view caused the track to stick. I’m glad it’s known and fixed.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited September 2020

Manual (3.1) says:
    ▌ DELETING A TRACK IN ARRANGER
    1. Press & hold [AUDITION] of the selected row to delete + [SAVE].
    2. Instrument track will be deleted or display will show ‘CANT’ if the
    instrument cannot be deleted.

For me most of the time I will get the second option and I don´t know why...
    EDIT: Because there are instances in the arranger track/row, if you delete these the track can be deleted.

Post edited by Eddy on