Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Complete Audio / Midi Bouncing - Ableton export

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

Audio Bouncing.

Bounce All Tracks from a song as independent Wave files as long as they are .. 1 or 37 Bars

• Option to select with FX or clean.
  • Option to export Midi files
  • individual Loop export to like on Electribe .. ( as far as i know ableton provides the Export / Import features for free )

Label the Files: /Recording/Song 3B/3B_Track_1.wav and 3B_Track_1.mid

thank you :)

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

Post edited by dest4b on

Comments

bracketsbrackets BarcelonaPosts: 25

+1000

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5/please-read-first-before-posting#latest
    I assumed this is what they mean by "WAV file export / mixdown" but now I'm not sure.

edited March 2018
    i agree it is mixdown.. it would be a nice feature. for arranging and automation-war :)
    but plus midi
    Post edited by dest4b on

only 8 upvotes .. :(

robleighton22robleighton22 MelbournePosts: 27

Defo need this feature, no idea yet how I'll mix down a full song in its current forum (assuming I use lots of tracks).

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

I would rather see a "Freeze" function like in Ableton.
    You can freeze any track which creates a wav file and therefore requires 0 CPU. The wav files of all your frozen tracks would be in the /SAMPLES/FREEZE folder so you can export them easily.

This way, you also gain the flexibility of saving a ton of CPU power in your songs, as you can quickly freeze and unfreeze tracks.

eclipxeeclipxe Irvine, CABeta Tester Posts: 19

This is a must!

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

I don't care about Ableton export, but a mixdown feature would be nice.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

No interest in Ableton export either, but no objection to individual track export to wav/midi or to freeze idea, but the export to wav and freeze can kind of already be done, so I think other stuff would be higher up my list.

Just bumping again. I can't write a full track to my daw with ease without this. Particularly where kits are involved.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@robleighton22
    Don't get what ur trying to do.
    Why u can't write a full track? Why do you have no idea how to export a full song?
    Why is it a problem when kits are involved?
    You can record a track with the Shift+Record shortcut to end the recording on track end. You can't do it offline, means, you have to solo the track and listen to it while recording. Not optimal but fairly quickly done. Using a WiFi SD Card you can speed up the process by importing tracks to a DAW while recording new tracks. Just exported 14 tracks to Cubasis, up & running in the DAW under 5 minutes.

Andy77Andy77 SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 12

Yes mix down to individual stems is nice to have (not a must) but i (and many others) use the deluge instead of Ableton so this is a moot point. I would rather have more powerful standalone features as discussed elsewhere in this forum.
    The upside is to take the stems to eq, mastering e.t.c But then lets get the standalone features to be more functional e.g. Arp, Chords, User Scales, Record Stutter, Track colors e.t.c

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

It was a great feature on Electribe 2! I used it a lot for making the "album version" of my tracks.
    Each Track becomes a WAV, and it even wrote a basic .ALS file with them all lined up.

Deluge sequences could get much more complicated than Electribe! ( Which is why I bought it! )
    But the above could still be done.

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

@amiga909 said:
    @robleighton22
    Why u can't write a full track? Why do you have no idea how to export a full song?
    You can record a track with the Shift+Record shortcut to end the recording on track end. You can't do it offline, means, you have to solo the track and listen to it while recording. Not optimal but fairly quickly done. Using a WiFi SD Card you can speed up the process by importing tracks to a DAW while recording new tracks. Just exported 14 tracks to Cubasis, up & running in the DAW under 5 minutes.

I do use shift-record, that's not the issue. It's fine if your tracks are small in length. But what if you want to export your arrangement in arranger to stems and you use lots of kits. It takes ages as you have to solo each bit separately.

If I just use the deluge as a basic sketch pad (which sometimes I do) , then it's less of am issue. Except for large drum kits that are a pain to solo record.

Anyways, individual stems will be the dream. Let's see what the next big OS has in store for us.

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

@amiga909 said:
    @robleighton22

If you wrote a 3 minute song with 10 Reaper tracks, that's 30 minutes you're going to spend just re-sampling tracks to audio for DAW import. Not to mention an unnecessary DAC conversion which is a consideration if you're making commercial recordings.

If you have a drum kit, it sucks even more because you may want to have each drum part on its own track so a separate bounce for bd, snr, hh, ch, cb, clap, cym, etc. You could spend 20 min just bouncing down drum tracks alone! This one's been bugging me as I'm just bouncing down the entire kit on one track.

This is a workflow killer. I imagine many people will just sell their Deluges rather than go through such a tedious process (I sold my UBK Fatso for similar reason, having to real-time bounce separate tracks) or just use Deluge sounds as placeholders for hardware or samples to replace them later, in which case Rohan shouldn't waste time trying to make onboard sound engines better!

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

If you wrote a 3 minute song with 10 Reaper tracks, that's 30 minutes you're going to spend just re-sampling tracks

• meant 10 Deluge tracks
    mike505mike505 GermanyPosts: 8

Would save some time +1

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

+11

adeseradeser RomaniaPosts: 2
    edited September 2018

Exporting audio offline (not realtime) is peanuts for Rohan, I think for the moment he considers the Deluge as a live performance instrument, not as much as a studio gear.

Post edited by adeser on
    pETERpROTONpETERpROTON stuttgart, germanyPosts: 5

export to DAW would be sooo sick!!

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

Surely this is happening in v3

detodeto AustriaPosts: 1
    edited April 2019

Oh yes please, audio export, MIDI export and freeze, would be sooo awesome!! The icing on the cake would be ableton export with all the Audio / MIDI Loops in place, maybe even a ready to play drumrack with the samples transfered from the deluge?

Post edited by deto on
    andersschroderandersschroder copenhagenPosts: 8

Soooo needed. Spent a whole day doing this on my previous Electribe. Such a pain. This feature is a must with only one stereo output.

edited September 2019

yeah, Rohan said on fb somewhere its hard to do and it was once announced officially it is on the list for v2. cant know what exactly is hard to implement, i guess fast offline rendering and writing multiple files is hard in a custom embedded OS.
    since tracks with audio input cant be rendered faster offline anyway i would like to see just a basic, automatic recording: just an automation that solos every row (clip in Song mode, instrument in Arranger) and records each to a wav file. still takes a long time but i could go away, grab a coffee and its done when i come back. this should not be hard to implement, including the options dest4b suggested.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    OszilloOszillo -Posts: 26
    edited September 2019

ALS Export with the Ableton API does not allow automation apart from velocity only, which is part of the notation information anyway. ALS Export API does also not know about Instruments like Simpler, DrumRack etc pp. ALS Export is mainly thought as easy importing feature for notes||patterns in Live. Other Implementations are not supported as they are fairly outside the official API.

.. as its even more hard once supporting ALS with firmware based code to keep track of any changes which will happen to the ALS API in future (as this is announced as possible scenario already from Ableton for 3rd Party developers under licence contracting). In fact making Rohan slave to any changes there, not good for the development of the deluge. If in any case this could be an open-source-project of you guys..

The other way around would be much more amazing, to make an ALS export to Deluge Song Structure and Stems(Audio)/Kit/Synth/Midi via generator on the mac/pc side and i think also fits in the idea of 'Downrush'.

Sideeffect: if an Ableton exporting code exists its easy to turn it around and maybe support an import code from Deluge stems, notes, synth, kit and their automations out of such an Ableton export project.

It would have much more powerful impact if the Deluge would support Song Position Pointers interpretation from itself as SPP works from enabled DAWs (not Logic X unless you know how to) and make bouncing obsolete as it would playback from the original with the best quality at the chosen position. Thats hard enough..

Post edited by Oszillo on

@Oszillo said:
    It would have much more powerful impact if the Deluge would support Song Position Pointers interpretation from itself as SPP works from enabled DAWs (not Logic X unless you know how to) and make bouncing obsolete as it would playback from the original with the best quality at the chosen position. Thats hard enough..

your opinion would have much more powerful impact if you knew Deluge already has a SPP implementation.

OszilloOszillo -Posts: 26
    edited September 2019

not cyclic.
    I did not write it has no SPP!
    SPP is 'working' in stop mode but not in running arrangements, at least not stable as it could be to make use of it..
    Its drifting the internal SongPointer away one more beat each time it gets an SPP making it un-use-able for cyclic commands. Which is why you very sure send stop before you send SPP..

there is SPP followed by continue
    there is SPP with no need of continue (instead it jumps at the next beat to the SPP and not immediately as the deluge does)

Post edited by Oszillo on
    VincentLVincentL FrancePosts: 9

+1
    I would love to export individual tracks as wave files and get them in my DAW !
    The Overbridge by Elektron was a great idea, though it didn't work properly on my PC with Reaper (there were clics and latency).

It's the main lacking feature in the Deluge, I think.

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60
    edited October 2019

I wholeheartedly agree: this is the feature I miss the most.
    bouncing a whole arrangement one instrument at a time via resampling, then pulling out the card, putting it in a computer, transferring to daw, renaming takes forever..
    I tend to make long songs, 7+ minutes. it's over 45 minutes for the drums alone.
    BUT this feature has been promised a fair while ago, and when Synthstrom says they are doing something-you can bet your ass they will do it. so it's just a matter of patience guys 🙃

Post edited by ELEVEN on
    Go4teggsGo4teggs New YorkPosts: 7

As far as Ableton export goes, I’ve been thinking about writing some custom code to translate the deluge XML files to Ableton files but it always ends up seeming like too much work. It’s probably not that hard though