Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Real time transpose tracks via external note input

gjvtigjvti Beta Tester Posts: 34

Add a transpose switch option for each track - when the setting is OFF track works as now - it records and plays incoming midi notes. When it is ON - track doesn't plays incoming midi notes, but instead gets transposed in real time to new root note (the lowest from the incoming notes) according to scale it that is enabled for the track.

Comments

oh I just noticed it has been mentioned already - http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1031/play-on-input-and-realtime-transposition#latest - so you can merge these threads

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

The other one is containing two topics so I'll stick to this one.
    Great idea! I'd also add to use a specific track as the transpose input (maybe add midi channel zero to control global transpose).

FancyKiddoFancyKiddo East Coast USAPosts: 9

Always good to get more people suggesting this!

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Internal routing rather than MIDI would be more useful. Set track as a transpose "slave", set another track as a transpose "master" and this way the feature also work in song an arranger mode, rather than live. Also don't forget that a lot of us use the Deluge completely standalone ( no other devices connected ) as well as part of a complex setup where other sequencers maybe be sending events to other synths on the same midi port ( but different channel ) than the Deluge. suggestions that end up making the Deluge always reserve a bunch of midi channels for itself are not great.

Live transpose would be great help for working on ideas and chord progression structure with complex rhythms, but additionally I don't mind also a some kind of chord track to transpose some other selected tracks... however on current hardware design I don't find complex midi routings easy to set up... but in general - why not :)