Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Affect Entire in Kits - Strange problem?

Hi, Love my Deluge! One thing is boggling my mind a bit. So when you're in a KIT, with "affect entire" on, it works as follows.
Only the cutoff/res, delay, reverb and mod fx work. You cannot pitch the samples? More importantly, you cannot say add saturation to all your hihats (as an example) or a kit as a whole. Is this overlooked perhaps? I would literally do this all the time, and don't understand why only some parameters such as filter could be added to "affect all", when pitching, or adding attack, or anything else has to be done individually. Hoping this will get fixed, best wishes :smiley:

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1 I'd like to see more parameters available for affect entire too, maybe there is a reason for it though?

MachineAgeVoodooMachineAgeVoodoo BerlinPosts: 17

@darenager said:
    +1 I'd like to see more parameters available for affect entire too, maybe there is a reason for it though?

Perhaps there is, it just seems a bit odd to me though to even have the affect all as a function, when it only applied to a few parameters. Bit of a tease innit.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited July 2018

I’m quite new around here and I do notice that the forum seems pretty quiet compared to other manufacturers forums but I put it down to Synthstrom being a much younger and smaller company, still it would be nice to get some feedback from Synthstrom even if in the form of a roadmap of where things might be headed, I got the impression from various videos I watched before getting mine that they do seem open to user suggestions though, maybe they are just busy at present?

Not a fan of facebook to communicate though, I think that a dedicated forum should be used for betas and so on, it is more professional and tidier IMHO.

Post edited by darenager on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@MachineAgeVoodoo said:

@darenager said:

Perhaps there is, it just seems a bit odd to me though to even have the affect all as a function, when it only applied to a few parameters. Bit of a tease innit.

Yeah, was discussed in another thread.
    Affect Entire naming is misleading. At first I also thought u can like "batch edit" params. So change pitch for every sample in a kit for example.
    This is not the case. Pressing affect entire you access the track effect chain. Which is totally separated from the effect chain of an individual sample.
    Think of "Affect Entire" as "Track Effects" in track view and "Global Effects" in song view.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@darenager said:
    I’m quite new around here and I do notice that the forum seems pretty quiet compared to other manufacturers forums but I put it down to Synthstrom being a much younger and smaller company, still it would be nice to get some feedback from Synthstrom even if in the form of a roadmap of where things might be headed, I got the impression from various videos I watched before getting mine that they do seem open to user suggestions though, maybe they are just busy at present?

Not a fan of facebook to communicate though, I think that a dedicated forum should be used for betas and so on, it is more professional and tidier IMHO.

Agreed, I dont use FB either if i can avoid it.
    Dont agree Synthstrom does not communicate well. Maybe your impression is too much short termed. Yeah it is a small company, so we cant expect a full paid community manager, forum admin, etc.

Check http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussions/top/ever to decide if Synthstrom does react properly to feature requests. Roughly, 1 of 10s popular requests get done. Sometimes less popular requests like the use-last-used-velocity in track edit was done too. This is better than what I experienced from other companies. However, they haven't implemented one of MY requests so far, so I have to agree it is not optimal :)

Of course I'd like to see more engagement and more info about future plans. However, I dont like to see Synthstrom has to waste money for a community manager who doesnt do much more than conciliating angry users.
    A very few people here think they have an inbred right to demand the "right thing". AFAIK it is only ok to rant if there are critical bugs that are not looked at but not because of new features that were never even advertised.

Alas, saying this, an active forum moderator is important. Maybe (just a guess) because of actual staff shortage Rohan is bit more active here lately.

MachineAgeVoodooMachineAgeVoodoo BerlinPosts: 17

@amiga909 said:

@darenager said:

Agreed, I dont use FB either if i can avoid it.
    Dont agree Synthstrom does not communicate well. Maybe your impression is too much short termed. Yeah it is a small company, so we cant expect a full paid community manager, forum admin, etc.

Check http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussions/top/ever to decide if Synthstrom does react properly to feature requests. Roughly, 1 of 10s popular requests get done. Sometimes less popular requests like the use-last-used-velocity in track edit was done too. This is better than what I experienced from other companies. However, they haven't implemented one of MY requests so far, so I have to agree it is not optimal :)

Of course I'd like to see more engagement and more info about future plans. However, I dont like to see Synthstrom has to waste money for a community manager who doesnt do much more than conciliating angry users.
    A very few people here think they have an inbred right to demand the "right thing". AFAIK it is only ok to rant if there are critical bugs that are not looked at but not because of new features that were never even advertised.

Alas, saying this, an active forum moderator is important. Maybe (just a guess) because of actual staff shortage Rohan is bit more active here lately.

Totally agree, haven't been here long but I certainly get the impression that they are much more involved with the userbase and their requests than most (any?) other manufacturer, which is very cool.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I am under the impression Synthstrom are dedicated to their users. I appreciate that they don’t implement every single user request, but consider them while stickng to their own road map.

I’ve owned gear that I feel got sidetracked by the implementation of too many disparate requests. I think a single, overarching vision is necessary for a good user experience in the end. I enjoy the Deluge as is, arrangement mode is really special, but I look forward to seeing what Synthstrom develop in the future. I’m a fan, I’ll be a long-time customer.

Uh-oh, I just read the thread title and realized I’m way off topic...
    I’ve noticed affect entire just affects the effect chain, which makes sense to me. I’ve assumed it applies to the parameters in the white field, not the shorcut pads, but I haven’t investigated fully. I have started taking notes as I go along because every day I seem to forget about as much as I learn.