Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI to CV?

cvgatecvgate Paris, FrancePosts: 9

Hello, quick question: is there a way to make Deluge convert MIDI to CV via a DAW? Thanks :smile:

Comments

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Not sure what you mean by 'via a DAW'?

I guess you could set up a CV 'instrument' to be controlled via external MIDI and that should do it - I haven't tried this though!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

Mmm the path I was thinking of was

MIDI clips in Ableton > "external instrument" control via MIDI > Deluge IN > Deluge CV out > modular synth

So that midi clips played in ableton are converted to CV / Gate signals by Deluge and sent to modular synth. I tried the obvious way (plug it in and see if it works) and I have the feeling that's not it :)

I'll try with the CV instrument trick !

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Yes, according to the manual, you can "learn" the midi channel for a CV track, and it becomes a Midi-to-CV convertor.

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    edited July 2018

I've heard rumors of this, Manuel. He seems highly resourceful, full of knowledge, yet exceedingly solitary and hard to locate...
    If only someone just knew where we could all consult with this mysterious Manuel character.😫😃

(Just playin @cvgate. All questions are good cause it can get new ideas started. Ive had a look at said manual and didnt know the midi/cv learn feature.)

Post edited by minigoat on

Ok, ok fair enough :smile: though I have to say I find the Deluge manual is not very well organized. It's not the first time I fail finding or retreiving information from it. But hey, I should have read it cover-to-cover.