Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Performance Modes for the Play button

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Currently the play button toggles between play-from-beggining and stop. It would be great to have the following performance mode to control the entire sequencer:

• Play/Pause Hitting Shift+Play ( or whatever modifier, I'm not picky ) would Pause the sequencer. Shift+Play again will resume from where it was paused.
  • Play/Restart Hitting Shift+Play will reset the sequencer to the start
  • Play/Mute Hitting Shift+Play will mute the sound and midi output, but internally the clock keeps running

Personally I use Play/Restart on the Pyramid during live performances a lot, but the other ones are also useful.

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

+1 play/restart. Would be nice if that behaviour also applied to the next song in queue, so that rather than waiting for the end of the longest measure, you could hit shift/ play to begin immediate playback.

booyipbooyip UKPosts: 10

+1 Sounds simple and something that would be used a lot.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited July 2018

+1 play/mute is a fave of mine on Pyramid, I use it for dropping out, play/restart is also fun, play/pause I never really found a use for but maybe to home in on a specific section it could be useful?

Post edited by darenager on
    DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

+1
    Shift+Play
    = Pause/Resume
    Hopefully simple to implement. Would be most welcome and extremely useful, especially for longer sequences