Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

copy/paste a row in a kit-track including the sample and all settings

As the title says. This would enhance my workflow quite a bit :)

Comments

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Bump

Keep running into this issue....we need to be able to copy and paste single kit tracks (and solo them too!)

EzelEzel Dominican RepublicBeta Tester Posts: 9

+1

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

this would be nice!

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Yeah, and solo function in kits!

72versions72versions Auckland NZBeta Tester Posts: 39

+1

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

+1

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

+1

rogybivrogybiv United KingdomPosts: 2

+1!

aTanguayaTanguay United StatesPosts: 2

+1

MakaiMakai United StatesPosts: 10

+1 definitely.

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

Spent half hour trying to figure out how to copy/paste a sound in a kit. As ever, I end up in the software suggestion page

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited April 2019

@jonesy101 said:
    Spent half hour trying to figure out how to copy/paste a sound in a kit. As ever, I end up in the software suggestion page

:'( ...

Post edited by Eddy on

+1

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited August 2019

I've also run into it. Searched the manual again but didn't find it. I second this feature request in bold :)
    +1

(One important thing however: if you browse the original pad sound then if you create a new kit track sample the browser jumps immediately to that file :))

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
    Dub_CousteauDub_Cousteau GermanyPosts: 2

+1

+1

Just_Peter118Just_Peter118 The NetherlandsPosts: 42

+1

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

+1

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Suggested UX for copying kit rows:

1. Hold down audition pad of row to copy (using shift during initial press if you don't want to trigger the sound).
    2. Do normal copy command: [LEARN / INPUT] + press (SCROLL◄►).
    3. Release audition pad, noting what row of buttons it's on.
    4. Get your destination kit row onto that row of buttons by either scrolling within the current kit or navigating to a different kit clip.
    5. Do normal paste command: [SHIFT] + [LEARN / INPUT] + press (SCROLL◄►).
    • If the target row is unused, notes and sound will be pasted and the new row will be muted.
    • If the target row is already used, only notes will be pasted and its mute state will be left unchanged.

The two drawbacks I see here are:
    1. The copy shortcut is awkward with one hand, as is holding an audition pad and [LEARN / INPUT] with one hand, but most players have only two hands. :smile:
    2. No way to copy a sound over an already used kit row. (The workaround would be to paste sound to an unused row, then copy-paste notes to the same row.)

An alternative to avoid the finger strain is copying with hold audition pad + press [LEARN / INPUT], but that may clash with learning a MIDI note (though I think that's hold [LEARN / INPUT] + press audition).

eightceightc Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2

+1

really digging the Deluge so far, but i registered for this forum just to add +1 to this feature request. so far this has been the biggest thorn in my side.

MikkiMikki Posts: 11

@duelinmarkers said:
    Suggested UX for copying kit rows:

1. Hold down audition pad of row to copy (using shift during initial press if you don't want to trigger the sound).
    2. Do normal copy command: [LEARN / INPUT] + press (SCROLL◄►).
    3. Release audition pad, noting what row of buttons it's on.
    4. Get your destination kit row onto that row of buttons by either scrolling within the current kit or navigating to a different kit clip.
    5. Do normal paste command: [SHIFT] + [LEARN / INPUT] + press (SCROLL◄►).
    • If the target row is unused, notes and sound will be pasted and the new row will be muted.
    • If the target row is already used, only notes will be pasted and its mute state will be left unchanged.

The two drawbacks I see here are:
    1. The copy shortcut is awkward with one hand, as is holding an audition pad and [LEARN / INPUT] with one hand, but most players have only two hands. :smile:
    2. No way to copy a sound over an already used kit row. (The workaround would be to paste sound to an unused row, then copy-paste notes to the same row.)

An alternative to avoid the finger strain is copying with hold audition pad + press [LEARN / INPUT], but that may clash with learning a MIDI note (though I think that's hold [LEARN / INPUT] + press audition).

As far as I can tell (new user), this only works within a kit if the relevant row is the only one currently displayed on the grid, since notes for any other rows get copied/pasted at the same time and these you usually want unchanged. Also, this has the effect of cutting and pasting the midi notes - the originals disappear - so not really copying or duplicating the notes.

The Deluge is very intuitive and flexible so I was really surprised to find that there is no simple way to just copy/paste or duplicate a kit row - even just the notes.

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

It's crazy that this feature is still missing. Synthstrom - any comment on plans to implement?

Also a much simpler way would to just hold down a grid pad and then press on another row and the entire row is duplicated (moving other rows out of the way if necessary, like when you duplicate tracks in Clip/Song view).

miklomiklo SwedenPosts: 3

@neilbaldwin said:

Also a much simpler way would to just hold down a grid pad and then press on another row and the entire row is duplicated (moving other rows out of the way if necessary, like when you duplicate tracks in Clip/Song view).

I keep doing this in kits expecting it to work this way!

@miklo said:

@neilbaldwin said:

I keep doing this in kits expecting it to work this way!

Currently that combination of pads has no function, ergo it should be the way it is implemented because there is precedence in the way you clone a Song/Clip track. 😊

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@neilbaldwin said:

Currently that combination of pads has no function, ergo it should be the way it is implemented because there is precedence in the way you clone a Song/Clip track. 😊

It does have a function: You can hold down multiple notes across rows to adjust their velocities or probabilities together.

I also wouldn't consider this problem solved unless it allowed moving sounds from one kit to another.

@duelinmarkers said:

@neilbaldwin said:

It does have a function: You can hold down multiple notes across rows to adjust their velocities or probabilities together.

I also wouldn't consider this problem solved unless it allowed moving sounds from one kit to another.

Ah, that is true, good point.

So it should only work if the second press is on an empty row OR the operation is: Hold pad of existing row, hold shift then press a pad on another row?

N3roN3ro SwitzerlandPosts: 10

Yes please, definitely +1!

Marteau_PicardMarteau_Picard BelgiumPosts: 5

I would like that and also the possibility of loading a synth patch.

zt5umzt5um New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 5

+1 on this please.

Without copy paste it makes creating chops with a sample that's already been edited with effects a much bigger task than it should be.

alexandermonalexandermon FloridaPosts: 3
    edited February 2021

+1

This is honestly the biggest thing missing to make chopping samples on the deluge an enjoyable experience. Currently my best solution is to slice the sample and then manually edit the start points on all the slices.

It would also be INCREDIBLE to have something like MPC-style lazy chopping. How it would work:

1. Record audio into a new kit slot, or load your sampled audio into a new kit.
    2. Press and hold the audition pad to trigger the sample
    3. During playback, tap a blank audition pad to create a new slice
    4. The Deluge would create a new sound in the kit, with the same sample as the original, but with the start point adjusted to the point in playback when the blank pad was pressed.
    5. Repeat as needed to build out slices by ear

I'm not kidding, if you add this, I will buy a second deluge. Or I'll just give you guys $200. I can't express how much this feature would mean to me.

Post edited by alexandermon on