Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Will 450ohm headphones work with the Deluge?

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

So I'm looking at getting some proper music production headphones to use with the Deluge, and I've got my eye on a pair of Audio Technica ATH-R70x's. However, the impedance rating is 450ohms, will this work with the Deluge?

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Should do.

Mystic38Mystic38 Posts: 21

unclear to me.. I bought a pair of AKG702 which are 250 Ohm and the output is sadly too low to be usable. They work fine on phones, tablets and audio interfaces and mixers, but not on the Deluge.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Mystic38 said:
    unclear to me.. I bought a pair of AKG702 which are 250 Ohm and the output is sadly too low to be usable. They work fine on phones, tablets and audio interfaces and mixers, but not on the Deluge.

Thanks for your post, this is useful information. My current headphones are 32 ohms, and I have the Deluge's volume between 50% to 75% max, so also going by what you say, I really don't think those 450 ohm headphones will work with the Deluge.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Generally headphones with higher impedance will require more volume / voltage, because they use that rather than drawing lots of current. That's unfortunate that the AKG702 actually won't get loud enough with the Deluge.

Mystic38Mystic38 Posts: 21

^^ oactually i was in error, I just reviewed the specs on my headphones.. the AKG702 are actually 62 Ohms...

@rohan , it would be good to add the impedance to the manual. That information is already available for the line output.