Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Add a send parameter to the delay

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

One really useful trick in music production is to control the delay send on a part, so not all of the notes are processed by the delay effect, but the ones that do, don't have their tail cut off when you want to have dry notes.

This is not the Dry/Wet mix, which controls the volume of the wet signal, ( although we don't seem to have that either ) but controlling when notes are getting send to the delay, without modifying the delay feedback.

Use cases:

• you want to add a delay tail to the end of a vocal phrase.
  • you want to mix dry and repeating snare hits on a drum pattern
  • you want to modulate the delay effect

Ideally a complete delay implementation has the following:

• delay time ( with/without bpm sync, also please include dotted note delays in the list )
  • delay feedback ( feed the output of the delay back into it's input )
  • delay send ( how much of the dry signal is sent to the delay in the first place )
  • dry/wet mix ( how much of the return signal are we using in the track )

and then the current ping-ping vs regular, digital vs analog, etc.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

well explained, yes, could be easy to add

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

@o0_ said:

,also please include dotted note delays in the list )

This ^

Also +1 for the idea.

beamerbeamer Hamilton, CanadaPosts: 4

Yes, I'm often frustrated that I don't have separate level and feedback controls!

Mystic38Mystic38 Posts: 21

An interesting extra feature, though difficult to see how this could be step modulated.

in my view..the priorities for the delay fx block are:
    1. a Feedback control..
    2. control over stereo width
    3. HF damping (HF cutoff)

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

For me, dotted delay times are the feature I want the most, followed by separate mix and feedback controls. I’d also love to see a lp/hp filter on the delay line. I think the delay needs some attention.

IgorIgor RussiaPosts: 4

+1