Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Exported WAV projects sound awful?

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Everytime I mix a project down on the Deluge, the resulting WAV file sounds awful? It's like the sound is all messed up or something, basically nothing like how it sounds on the Deluge.

And I've tried putting this to the test by playing my projects directly from the Deluge on various different speakers, headphones...etc, sounds great on the Deluge everytime. Try playing the same projects from the bounced wav on various different setups, and it's awful everytime :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or know why this is happening?

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Could it be a sample rate issue?

I just checked the WAV in Poweramp, and it's showing 32 bit 44.1khz....which is odd, as I thought the Deluge was 24 bit.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Strange one. Haven't heard of this happening before, and it sounds very odd that it's outputting a 32bit WAV file. Could you please email me the song file so I can see if I get the same behaviour, and ideally the wav file too if not too big to send easily? rohan@synthstrom.com

@rohan said:
    Strange one. Haven't heard of this happening before, and it sounds very odd that it's outputting a 32bit WAV file. Could you please email me the song file so I can see if I get the same behaviour, and ideally the wav file too if not too big to send easily? rohan@synthstrom.com

Hi Rohan, managed to get this sorted by using a different SD card, thanks anyway.

Still not sure why WAV's exported from the Deluge are showing 32 bit in Poweramp though, maybe it's a problem with the app?

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Ah, that's good news. Yeah that's strange.

What card were you using before - was it the included one?

@rohan said:
    Ah, that's good news. Yeah that's strange.

What card were you using before - was it the included one?

No the included one has worked fine for me, it was an old one I had been using, I think it's a fake.