Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Ability to delete presets and samples

tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

I'd like to be able to delete presets the same way as songs, by pressing delete (with the sound editor open I guess). It would also be nice be able to delete samples the same way, by pressing delete when previewing in the sample browser.

Comments

pylonzpylonz ChristchurchPosts: 4

@tangram said:
    I'd like to be able to delete presets the same way as songs, by pressing delete (with the sound editor open I guess). It would also be nice be able to delete samples the same way, by pressing delete when previewing in the sample browser.

hey @tangram i was thinking the same thing...and there wasn't any obvious way to delete in the same manner as a song... frustrating...when i tried i just ended up making a bunch of copies!!!! :( anyway - a work around is: Take your SD card out and preview the folders on your computer. Search the relevant kit or synth folder and delete the unwanted XML file. It no longer appears when you re-insert the SD into Deluge. :) cheers

tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

Yes, I know I can delete presets from the SD card, but it's tedious to note down the numbers and all that. It seems logical to be able to delete presets as described above, especially as they can add up quickly.

Being able to delete samples the same way is especially useful when sampling. You might have multiple takes, and should have a built-in way to clean up afterwards.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

You have 999 slots each with a-z combinations... that is a lot...
    I rather have better navigation among them.

If you know holding down shift while changing the sound does jump over the a-z presets so that speeds things up. However, the rest of the groove boxes have some sort of favorites sounds. So the matrix 8x16 on deluge could temporary became a favorite preset board (Novation circuit anyone) where various sounds could be color coded (As I can do this on Novation Circuit)

kaikai BremenBeta Tester Posts: 11

I don't know if it's possible but I'ld love to have a clean up function which deletes all recorded or resampled samples which are not related to any saved song. That would be really helpful for me because when I use external instruments I usually record a lot of takes before I get a good one I'm satisfied with and my SD is full of recorded stuff I will never use...

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

@kai said:
    I don't know if it's possible but I'ld love to have a clean up function which deletes all recorded or resampled samples which are not related to any saved song. That would be really helpful for me because when I use external instruments I usually record a lot of takes before I get a good one I'm satisfied with and my SD is full of recorded stuff I will never use...

+1 This
    A "Collect all and save" special save option. Asks to save all, save samples, save kits, save synths and packs them into a dedicated project folder for the song.

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Sorry, thats not the original op's suggestion. (Mod feel free to delete that)

+1
    Just deleting the last recorded sample would be a helpful already. Although the options mentioned above would be great too.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited April 2018

@kai said:

I am happy to do that with external software. easy enough. even better because it is better imho to combine cleanup tasks with archiving deleted data.
    a simple bash script could do it. i've started a script https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils, used it a few times to archive unused recordings, if you want to use that ruby script and dont know how, i might be able to help.
    i'll continue to work on storage cleanup when i get near my sd card limit. for now, i've upgraded to 32GB lately, still 15GB free. something i have on my mind is archiving songs, means collect all samples a song uses and move them to a new folder e.g. song_12_samples, so i can restructure my sample library and keep just the samples used in songs.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    liquid_airliquid_air USPosts: 8

+1
    It would be nice to have some basic file editing ability in genera, especially copy (with an option to select a target folder), delete, rename