Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Bug?..: step modulation of volume on kick issues

1. make new kit track
  2. place events for 1, 2, 3, 4 &. on the closed hi hat
  3. for the 4&, press timeline event and reduce volume for that hit.
  4. Expected result.. the hit on 4& is reduced to the level programmed and volume returns to default on the downbeat. This it does
  5. Now, repeat the steps 1-4, but on the kick drum
  6. Expected result : similarly you expect the hit on 4& to be reduced to the level programmed, and volume to return to default volume on the next event, the downbeat. This it does NOT do... the downbeat is reduced.in volume....

Anyone else see this?.. confusing, wierd

Comments

Mystic38Mystic38 Posts: 21

hmm no response?..

This is a pretty easy to identify and replicate bug, and i have found others, but it now is unclear to me if there is a bug report process at all?.. is there somewhere else these reports should be posted other than the feedback forum?..

thanks

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Hey Mystic38, sorry for the late reply - we've been super busy here!

I will come up with a solution for this problem, in a near-future firmware update. What's happening is that the volume automation is slewed to avoid any sudden clicks as the set volume changes - but clearly in the case of short, sharp drum sounds, this causes an unwanted effect as the volume doesn't set instantly.

Thanks for letting us know!

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

This bug is now fixed, and the fix will be in the next minor firmware update.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

On the subject of bugs it would be handy to have a dedicated section on the forum to report them.