Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge online manual (link)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited May 2017 in Deluge Help
Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

niackniack bxlBeta Tester Posts: 12

Hello,
    I've got trouble downloading from Google doc (older PC, older browser, older guy..)
    Could you provide a direct download link to the pdf, please?
    Thanks!

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160
    mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

To what version is this document updated? 1.3? 1.4?

niackniack bxlBeta Tester Posts: 12

Hi Sam, way better, thanks!

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited June 2018

Has anyone had any luck getting the 2.0 manual to convert properly to pdf? I have tried multiple methods on both ipad and windows and the formatting always gets messed up, the spacing and layout look wrong and some graphics get cut off or moved to incorrect positions.

Here is an example of the kind of issues:

Can we please have a nicely formatted v2.0 pdf to download? It is much more convenient for me than the googledocs platform.

Post edited by darenager on
    VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

@darenager said:
    Has anyone had any luck getting the 2.0 manual to convert properly to pdf? I have tried multiple methods on both ipad and windows and the formatting always gets messed up, the spacing and layout look wrong and some graphics get cut off or moved to incorrect positions.

Here is an example of the kind of issues:

Can we please have a nicely formatted v2.0 pdf to download? It is much more convenient for me than the googledocs platform.

It does the same as pdf on iPad Pro. That header that points the arrow back and says “Synthstrom Audible Deluge Manual” is messing up the conversion I believe. Everything spaced wrong from header.

Definitely would like a downloadable pdf proper manual. For offline use.

2.0 kicks ass as an update. Now let’s have a pdf manual that kicks ass too. Probably 1/100th the effort of the actual update.

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

Wondering if anyone else would prefer manual updates as addendums released with new firmware, like how DSI does it. That way you don't have to go through the whole manual to find the new stuff that got added. Most helpful for minor changes which might be buried in the proper manual but would stand out if just listed in an addendum.

nosepeoplenosepeople United StatesPosts: 49

I like updates integrated into the overall manual, but there should be a change log someplace listing the new material, with page numbers.

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

@DVB said:
    Wondering if anyone else would prefer manual updates as addendums released with new firmware, like how DSI does it. That way you don't have to go through the whole manual to find the new stuff that got added. Most helpful for minor changes which might be buried in the proper manual but would stand out if just listed in an addendum.

I think having it in the manual makes sense, but it would be nice to have a section that outlines the new material too.

JonesyJonesy VirginiaPosts: 14

I downloaded this from a google doc into PDF and is flawless.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/edit#

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited April 2019

Still not working properly for me, although much better than before, I really don’t like googledoc for manuals, it takes way to long to load and find anything etc, a real workflow killer when looking for information fast. It actually took me about 10 minutes this morning to find something that should have took 10 seconds, googledocs does not work very well on my ios devices, yet dropbox is fine and about 100x faster, and where I keep all my manuals.

I have a lot of gear and remembering every key combo and function can be a challenge so I like to have all my manuals in pdf then it is easy to just search by keyword.

Anyway here is an example of the cropping on my new pdf version, notice how the text below the grid image at the bottom of the page is unreadable.

Well, it is at least working properly now, so it will have to do for now.

Post edited by darenager on
    theoristtheorist NC.USAPosts: 8

@darenager said:
    Well, it is at least working properly now, so it will have to do for now.

Wish I knew what you did, because for the life of me, I can't get anything other than what you show above when trying to download a pdf, no matter what I try.

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

Synthstrom, I love my Deluge but I despise having to be directed to fucking Google documents every time I click on a link in the PDF I've downloaded. Please have someone- anyone redirect those links within the PDF document itself. It's bad enough Google has their hands in every damn cookie jar...can we close the lid on them for the PDF document at least? Thanks:)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Cheers GameDude. Just go to FILE and choose to export it.

That easy huh lol? Fantastic update by the way. You guys are seriously killin' it :)

drgesdrges BarcelonaPosts: 1

Hi, on pages 9 to 13, I've problem loading pictures, tested from mac, PC, Chrome and Safari. Anyone with news?

edited September 2019

@drges said:
    Hi, on pages 9 to 13, I've problem loading pictures, tested from mac, PC, Chrome and Safari. Anyone with news?

Same, and some links redirect you right back to google documents, In which the text reads "You need permission to access this document."- or something like that. So...I need permission to read a section of a manual from a hardware product I own...fuck google.

Post edited by GameDude on
    OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

And if it would be possible to create a PDF table of contents? To reach that I currently downloading the ePub file and process it with https://calibre-ebook.com/ to get a PDF file with a TOC. You can see the result here https://gibs.demkontinuum.de/index.php/s/EYMsKFx49bpjHfA

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
    edited February 2022

~~Changed the link and updated the pdf documentation to 3.0 with a usable toc.
    As well created a shortcut cheatsheet for 3.0 ( ODS libreOffice Calc) as far as I got the information. They are a little confusing.
    If you like you can download these files and it would be kind if you correct the cheatsheet.~~

Resource deleted

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin