Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V2.0.0 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590
edited August 2018 in News

We're enormously proud to announce the release of our new Deluge V2.0.0 firmware.

Download it here. (updated to 2.0.2)

Huge new features:

-- Song arranger mode
-- 30 - 50% or more improvement to CPU efficiency (i.e. more voices)
-- Around 30x more RAM available for working on a song
-- New analog-modelling synth engine features
-- Effect tails may now be heard even after a track finishes playing (including outside of the new arranger mode)
-- MIDI CC, pitch bend, and channel aftertouch recording, sequencing and output
-- MIDI note outputs within kits
-- Note velocity now defaults to that of last touched note (per track)
-- Innumerable other bugfixes and improvements

Read all about the new features in our updated manual.

Ron Cavagnaro has made a great introductory video on the new arranger mode.

To accompany this release, we've expanded the supplied collection of synth presets to 168 total, including many user submissions. This will be supplied on the SD cards of all Deluges shipping from today. For those with a Deluge already, you can download it:
-- Entire factory SD card contents (182MB)
-- Synth presets only (216KB - this is all that's actually changed - place these in your SYNTHS folder)
This collection replaces the 92 synth presets which have been supplied with all Deluges up until now, and still contains almost all of the same sounds or improved versions of them. See the manual for the list of preset titles and creators. Replacing the synth presets in your SYNTHS folder will have no effect on the sound of your previously saved songs.

PLEASE NOTE: any songs saved with this firmware will be unreadable by older firmware versions.

Another note - due to the huge changes to the synth engine, there is regrettably a chance that some of your existing songs may sound a little different with the new firmware. We've done our very best to minimize this, but the following cases may need slight tweaks to the parameters to sound exactly the same as before:
-- Sounds with the filter resonance on full
-- Sounds featuring both an LPF and an HPF

To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Awesome!

beazmusixbeazmusix germanyBeta Tester Posts: 9

<3 <3 <3

RS2090RS2090 salt lake cityPosts: 2

incredible. thank you!

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

The Deluge´s level of awesomeness is through the roof right now, thanks! <3

atimchakatimchak Chicago, ILPosts: 28

Wow you guys rock - delivering the promised update on time WITH more presets to boot? And just in time before I go on holiday to learn it! Best gear purchase of the decade!!! Many, many thanks.

moosiqpiplmoosiqpipl Frankfurt am Main, GermanyPosts: 24

Weltklasse! Thanx a lot :smiley:

((qp))

uliuli marseillePosts: 8

Yesssss, thank you so much for making an already awesome machine even better :smiley:

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Do the new synth sounds replace all the old ones with almost identical versions ?
    Or will this essentially break old songs if we overwrite them?

phajekphajek Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 9

Can't wait to try this out, thank you! :smiley:

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Congratulations and thank you!

soundwarrior20soundwarrior20 Wales Uk Posts: 27

this is wicked! will all deluge's now ship with the v2 manual?

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

Forgot to say, replacing the synth presets in your SYNTHS folder will have no effect on the sound of your previously saved songs. Have edited original post.

Yes, all Deluges shipped from today have the V2.0.0 manual.

I have just made myself a pdf version of the v2 manual is it ok to upload it to this forum? thanks very much :)

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

m87robm87rob TexasPosts: 1

I have been looking for something like the Deluge for a very long time! The new Firmware update is great and the new sounds are superb! They really show this thing off! Thank you Ian and Rohan for working so hard to make this happen! Cheers! :)

hi I have some questions about the aranger mode. firstly do you select a track to work with in song view then move to the arranger view to work with the track?

secondly does each pad of each row represent a different track in arranger view or does each pad of each row represent a given number of bars? thanks very much every one :)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@soundwarrior20 said:
    I have just made myself a pdf version of the v2 manual is it ok to upload it to this forum? thanks very much :)

Hey Trey. Anyone can export the online manual to a PDF or file format of their choosing, so no real need for that. Yes, all Deluge's shipping from now ship with the 2.0 manual, whenever we release a new firmware update, we also update the manual and ship with orders from then.

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36

@rohan: "Forgot to say, replacing the synth presets in your SYNTHS folder will have no effect on the sound of your previously saved songs" - that's great news. I was unsure as the names of the existing synth ids are all different. I had renamed all new synths to be in the 200-300 range to be sure to not mess up stuff, but then this does not sound necessary?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Hi @soundwarrior20, a big help in understanding arranger is how its related to the clone feature in song mode.
    When you clone a track, its kind of like creating a child from a parent. You're not just making a duplicate, but some of the higher level dna or code of the new tracks are actively shared with the original, meaning they are still linked.
    Now what arranger does, is it lines up all those clones, or "instances" as they're called, onto the original parent track. Each instance along that tracks timeline in arranger therefore, represents a single track in song mode.

You can add instances into the arranger in two ways. One is from song mode, whereby you simple hold down anywhere on the track you want to move into arranger, then hit the song button. Now directly under your finger will be the exact spot where that instance will be in the timeline once you release your finger. It will be in the main parent track if it is a cloned track. That's the important bit.

The second way is from arranger mode itself. You simply press and hold onto whichever "parent" track you want and turn the select knob. Each turn will select through any cloned tracks made from that main first original track.
    Now as a clever bit of design is the "white instance" which is a unique clone that only exists in the arranger, but that should be explained later and should be in the manual. I don't want to go too heavy into specifics, as there is a lot. But I hope that has helped you get an idea. At least that's how I've come to grasp it currently. I'm by no means expert level so keep an open mind as you figure it out along with the rest of us!

chi_adchi_ad ukPosts: 1

Love the new arranger, much needed.
    The new filter type add's great harmonics at a high res with out that shrill tone and also the osc waveform's make the mix much more interesting, less phasing and more phatness :wink:

Great update, thank you for your hard work in bringing this to us :smiley:

abstrktabstrkt Posts: 2
    edited June 2018

So looking forward to playing with the new arranger :smile: thanks for the further explanation @minigoat
    & Thank you Synthstrom fam!

@minigoat said:
    Hi @soundwarrior20, a big help in understanding arranger is how its related to the clone feature in song mode.
    When you clone a track, its kind of like creating a child from a parent. You're not just making a duplicate, but some of the higher level dna or code of the new tracks are actively shared with the original, meaning they are still linked.
    Now what arranger does, is it lines up all those clones, or "instances" as they're called, onto the original parent track. Each instance along that tracks timeline in arranger therefore, represents a single track in song mode.

You can add instances into the arranger in two ways. One is from song mode, whereby you simple hold down anywhere on the track you want to move into arranger, then hit the song button. Now directly under your finger will be the exact spot where that instance will be in the timeline once you release your finger. It will be in the main parent track if it is a cloned track. That's the important bit.

The second way is from arranger mode itself. You simply press and hold onto whichever "parent" track you want and turn the select knob. Each turn will select through any cloned tracks made from that main first original track.
    Now as a clever bit of design is the "white instance" which is a unique clone that only exists in the arranger, but that should be explained later and should be in the manual. I don't want to go too heavy into specifics, as there is a lot. But I hope that has helped you get an idea. At least that's how I've come to grasp it currently. I'm by no means expert level so keep an open mind as you figure it out along with the rest of us!

Post edited by abstrkt on
    MySecretMachineMySecretMachine DenmarkPosts: 1

AWESOME! Thank you! :p

hi @minigoat thanks for the wicked explanation :) hi @rohan please can we have a feature like this for 2.1 http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/4606#Comment_4606 thanks :)

HaggisHombreHaggisHombre GoodyearPosts: 6

Great update thank you, and so easy to install.

twftwf AucklandPosts: 1

You are the mannnnnn!

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Yes, all Deluge's shipping from now ship with the 2.0 manual, whenever we release a new firmware update, we also update the manual and ship with orders from then.

I was going to buy a printed copy, but it says out of stock. :(

@AbortRetryFail said:

Oh, sorry about that, that was a mistake. You can buy one again now :)

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

@rohan said:

@AbortRetryFail said:

Oh, sorry about that, that was a mistake. You can buy one again now :)

55 US$ shipping for thin paperwork? Please tell me that's an error in the web shop :wink:

Oops, that's fixed now. It's $3 USD postage..

xochi1234xochi1234 ukPosts: 4

What a machine....wow....just got one (V2.0) and it is AMAZING...lol... i'm having so much fun its unreal....THANK-YOU Synthstrom...Cannot fault this at all....Worth every penny!